Collets for a Jet M-16

I picked up a Jet M-16 mill-drill for a good price. However, it didn't come with any collets. Does anyone know what size it uses?

-- Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Schultz

Most mill/drills use R8 collets and end mill holders.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Ask Jet- call em up on their tech line, give em the serial number, and they will tell you. Consumer Relations

800-274-6848 - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST, Monday - Friday) Technical Service 800-274-6846 - 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (CST, Monday - Friday) Distributor Hotline 888-804-7129 - 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (CST, Monday - Friday) Customer Service for Metalworking products 888-594-5866 - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST, Monday - Friday)

Specific Brand-related Questions or Comments snipped-for-privacy@wmhtoolgroup.com

Reply to
rniemi

I did call Jet and believe it or not, they couldn't tell me! They gave me the name of a distributor who was supposed to know. By then I had found a drawing of a R8 collet and determined that it matched my machine. Problem solved.

Next question: The pricing on collets seems to vary widely. What's the difference between them? And would I even notice on a machine like this older Jet mill/drill?

-- Geoff

snipped-for-privacy@fidalgo.net wrote in news:1135212666.071476.141900 @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Geoff Schultz