Collets for a Jet M-16

I picked up a Jet M-16 mill-drill for a good price. However, it didn't come
with any collets. Does anyone know what size it uses?
-- Geoff
Reply to
Geoff Schultz
Loading thread data ...
Most mill/drills use R8 collets and end mill holders.
Reply to
Ask Jet- call em up on their tech line, give em the serial number, and they will tell you. Consumer Relations 800-274-6848 - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST, Monday - Friday) Technical Service 800-274-6846 - 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (CST, Monday - Friday) Distributor Hotline 888-804-7129 - 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (CST, Monday - Friday) Customer Service for Metalworking products 888-594-5866 - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST, Monday - Friday)
Specific Brand-related Questions or Comments
Reply to
I did call Jet and believe it or not, they couldn't tell me! They gave me the name of a distributor who was supposed to know. By then I had found a drawing of a R8 collet and determined that it matched my machine. Problem solved.
Next question: The pricing on collets seems to vary widely. What's the difference between them? And would I even notice on a machine like this older Jet mill/drill?
-- Geoff wrote in news:1135212666.071476.141900
Reply to
Geoff Schultz

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.