Just picked up a South Bend 14" Any information would be great

I just picked up this SB 14" and have no manuals, or maintence information.
Any help would be great.

I looked at the south bend yahoo group but most of the information is for
the smaller/older machines
Reply to
Waynemak
Want to swap it for an Atlas 10, unused?
GTO(John)
Reply to
GTO69RA4
One of my customers
has this lathe in their shop. Its likely that they will have a manual. Ask for Joe or Mike and tell them straightaway you were referred by Mark, the OmniTurn Tech.
If there is a charge for a copy, Ill take care of it.
Gunner
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stewart Mill
Reply to
Gunner
Let me know if you have issues getting a manual. I have one of these machines and have at least 2 copies of the manuals. But I am moving right now, so they are not at hand.
bill
information.
Reply to
Bill Bright
These late model machines I believe, were made in Taiwan. I forget which company bought out SB, but I am pretty sure this machine is still serviced. Steve
Reply to
Steve Lusardi
LaBlonde bought out South Bend 2 or 3 years ago.
Reply to
Ken Moffett
I think the machine is around 1972, it could have been made overseas, or cast over seasor some parts made over seas. The tailstock looks very Taiwan. I will need a manual to wire it up and see it run. it says wire for 408, but the motor is 220/408.
Reply to
Waynemak
On 01 Jan 2005 02:49:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GTO69RA4) calmly ranted:
Where did you find a _brand_spankin'_new_ Atlas 10, John? ;)
-- Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|-
Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites
Reply to
Larry Jaques
I talked to Rose at parts works and this machine was made in South Bend Indiana, she said it wasn't made for many years but still a very good machine. She is very helpful and seems to know her stuff
Reply to
Waynemak
Interesting! Looks mostly like the one I have, but the hi-low speed selector is different, as well as the cross slide rear cover. Didn't know there were different flavors of these.
Waynemak wrote:
Reply to
Bill Martin
I have looked at a few on the web and all have the hi/low like yours, mine seems to be the only one with the lever to the right. Looking in the case it appears that it all works the same it just makes more sense and saves money to have it like yours, one less moving part. How do you like yours?? I still need to power mine up, I am looking for the wiring information. Any info would be great
Reply to
Waynemak