KE 100 update

Ok I used some time last night, it does have points under the flywheel, I can see them though a small oval hole in the flywheel. they seem to be a bit stiff with little or no spring pulling them closed. If I open them with a screw driver they stay open, I shot a bit of lube on them and now they will close on there own but not with any real force. If I use the kick start and turn the kill switch on and off I get a spark just once if I time it right. This leads me to believe playing with the kill switch will cause a break and if timed right will make the spark.

Getting the flywheel off is going to require making a tool.

Reply to
wayne mak

Before taking the time to make a tool, one thing that older Kawasakis had was a built in flywheel puller. Look at the bolt in the middle of the triple trees. Conveniently enough, on every Kawasaki I've ever worked on that bolt was the same thread as the threads on the inside of the flywheel. Simply screw it in and it pulls the flywheel.

Tom

wayne mak wrote:

Reply to
Tom

Reply to
wayne mak

Should be a large center bolt behind or under the center of the handlebars, probably with a chrome head, forward of the fuel tank. It's the top bolt of the fork pivot, trey unscrewing it and see if the threads match.

Tom

wayne mak wrote:

Reply to
Tom