Large 304 stainless steel "washer"

Nope, only in PA. and thereabouts.

John

Reply to
John

Waterjet will give you an extremely nice cut. You can do the washer, and any holes you need drilled all in one operation. There will be absolutely no distortion, and the edge will have a nice sand-blasted finish. It will probably be more expensive than plasma, though.

There are zillions of waterjet shops around. For a list of some of them, visit:

For even more (but you have to phone in), visit:

- Carl.

John wrote:

Reply to
Carl

Have you tried Bayshore Metals? I think they have a CC plasma table... Andy or Steve will be able to let you know.

Regards,

Peter

Reply to
Peter Grey

I cut some 14 ga 304L today - nice cut. Used 40 amps and there was a little whisker on the bottom and the normal brown line where it went through the extreme temps.

It is likely doable with a large enough plasma cutter. Use fine cut (current density!) the small beam carries all of the current. I had spray 3' long under it - but no real problem. Nominal edge work is needed - the edge itself is black. Oxide I suppose. So water jet isn't mandatory - but is a good choice.

Water jet does give some swarf on the edge - not as perfect as most think. Normally they use man made semi-precious stone - garnet... spinel...

Martin - wish I had one and the building it takes to house.

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Carl wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Easy on a plasma table.

I'd think design needs to think on this - perhaps a unique shape - like a diamond in the sky - when someone looks at it - they smile not just see something 'functional' and assume it was someones standard part.

Something like a fan blade with lobes would be interesting -

Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

snipped-for-privacy@krl.org wrote:

Reply to