Large swing/bore CNC lathe recommendations?

My friend is looking into getting a large swing and big bore CNC lathe. He is interested in the Haas TL-3, but it doesn't come with a turret, and I think he'd be better served by a machine with a turret.

30" swing (ie, can really swing 30" parts) 3" bore

He's open to used machines in excellent condition.

Thanks!

Reply to
rpseguin

Why you're perfectly welcome....

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

I have a Mazak M4 - only 22" swing, 3" spindle bore,72" long, twin turrets with turret tool holders included. This is a 30 year old machine in good, not excellent condition. It has a refit control by Camsoft. I'm located in Minnesota. $5000

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

He's looking for new or really excellent condition, and really wants the 30" swing. Mostly just looking for recommendations for new or recent machines.

Thanks.

Reply to
rpseguin

primemach.com Prime Machinery Daewoo Puma 15. Pretty nice machine.

Reply to
alphonso

rpseguin wrote in news:1184048718.229247.243160 @d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

Mazak ST-50N Max Swing: 31.7" Chucks: 12?, 15?, 18?, 21? or 24? Spindle Bore (Chuck Dependent): Up to 12.6? Spindle HP: 50 (30 min rating)

Anthony

MOri Seiki SL65 for starters. A lathe without a turret is like a truck without tires.

John

Reply to
John

when haas says a 5-7 year life span for there machines there not lying you get what you pay for !!!

Reply to
big-dan

Do you get a spindle motor with the haas or just 5 hamsters and a wheel?

John

Reply to
john