larger than Sherline US made mills?

Does anybody make a larger than Sherline type mill that's made in the USA?

Reply to
Crow Leader

PrecisionMachinisT

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@scnresearch.com:

Nooo, isn't a Sherline more like this?

If he wants something a little smaller, maybe on office mill?
that it's the first horse of the apocalypse.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Murphy

Now c'mon guys. Sure they're little but there really are useful things you can make with them.

To answer Crow Leader

Fred R

Reply to
J Gold

Fred R wrote in news:TvjZd.18495$4k2.8188 @fe2.columbus.rr.com:

He asked for a larger mill made in the USA. He didn't give us any size. It's a metalworking group. Show a little appreciation for the irony The Haas I linked to will fit through a 36" door.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Murphy

Lets see; Clausing Rockwell Bridgeport Tree

All bigger than a sherline. SOme weight about 700lbs. some weigh closer to 2000 lbs.

Reply to
Charles A. Sherwood

Am I causing problems again or something ???

...LOL...

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:05:55 GMT, the inscrutable Fred R spake:

He uses import mills and installs US motors, Fred. (Which is cool with me, but $1,700-4,500 FOB HelL.A.?)

404 error
Reply to
Larry Jaques

If you're looking for the next size up, you might take a look at the mighty Rusnok:

I think Rusnok has a web site too.

Charles Morrill

Reply to
Charles Morrill

try www.maxnc he put in an extra c.

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Question: How many RCM posters does it take to supply one correct URL? Answer: Three.

Cordially, Richard Kanarek

Reply to
Richard Kanarek

snipped-for-privacy@w-sherwood.ih.lucent.com (Charles A. Sherwood) wrote in news:d154rd$ snipped-for-privacy@netnews.proxy.lucent.com:

UK company owned by the 600 Group..

Gone.

Was gone, now Hardinge.

Gone.

What about Light Machines? I don't think Dover Industries killed them off completely.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Murphy

It's spelled "Delta" these days, isn't it?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Nice used machines still available; A testament to their quality. Besides the comments were suppose to be funny!

Reply to
Charles A. Sherwood

This site has some interesting items. The links others provided to extremely large machines were amusing as well. It's becoming harder and harder to find non-combloc tools or anything these days.

Reply to
Crow Leader

extremely large machines were amusing as well. It's becoming harder and harder to find non-combloc tools or anything these days.

I own a hardinge vertical mill same as in the center of the page:

They come up on ebay from time to time, it's a nice machine and it only weights in at 250 pounds so shipping is reasonable.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
AZOTIC