Lathe Repair Electrical Sacramento CA

I have a lathe, chinese with the name plate of NOVA, 12 x 40, gear head, gap bed, bench type. Manual is the same as the 13 x 40 units sold by Enco, etc. I need to have the electric system repaired and rewired. Does anyone know of a shop or person who does this type work in the Sacramento, Ca area. Specifically I am in Roseville. I am a amateur and the wiring of the lathe is beyond me.

Reply to
Ron Cogburn

"Ron Cogburn" wrote: (clip) I am a amateur and the wiring of the lathe is beyond me. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Is this just a matter of making an electric motor turn on and off with a switch, or is there some kind of complicated control circuitry that is puzzling you? If it's just a switch, any electrician, electric motor shop, fixit shop or handyman should be able to do it.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Reply to
Ron Cogburn

If it's as bad as my Jet 10x24 was, you'll do better by throwing out everything and installing a 3-phase motor and VFD.

I never could get the crappy motor to work right and the fwd-rev switch fell apart when I looked at it.

Reply to
Jim Stewart