Hi all, I am new here. I have just bought a Granville Senior Lathe,(some parts are similar to a Myford ML7) probably as old as I am. Unfortunately the leadscrews on the cross slide and topslide are not as desired. The crossslide has got a really badly worn nut with about 4mm play longitudinally.You can see the wear marks on the screw. The Topslide has had the original leadscrew removed, the topslide reversed and a new hole drilled and threaded to take what looks like a Whitworth thread.

So , my question is, where can I get replacements? do I a) send off to an engineering company to get new screws and nuts? b) obtain Myford screws and nuts? Does anyone know if they will fit?

I I go for option a), is it worth going for a ball-screw system?

If I had a working lathe I could I suppose cut some new screws, but its a bit like 'theres a hole in my bucket'

Does anyone have a copy of the manual for the lathe? I would be willing to purchase one.

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.