Leaf blowers

THere is a special place in hell for those that use leaf blowers at

7am on a weekend. Maybe at any time....
Reply to
sandiapaul

Heheh, my oldest brother Nick, who's working on jet engines on the Navy base in Sicily, Italy, he made a short movie and sent it to us (you know, to show what he does in his spare time etc.). Well at one point he was filming some guy out jackhammering on his sidewalk next door at 6:30am. He was throwing all sorts of stuff at him and managed to strike him with a charcoal briquette, guy's like "huh!? wtf was that? oh well.. back to work"... lmao!

Tim

-- "That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson Website @

Tim Williams

Leaf Blowers Curse:

May your first day in Hell last 10,000 hours. And may it be the shortest one.

Same to the damn Rottwieler across the street!

Reply to
Errol Groff

I take it he failed to light the charcoal before he threw it?

Reply to
Nick Hull

I sleep on the couch once in awhile for something different. One night/morning at 4:30 I here this Boom Voom Boom Voom... Go outside and the new neighbor across the street is playing something very loud in his house. I just picture this guy doing a work out to get hyped for work. He has 3 kids and a wife and has done this a good 3 times that I know of at the same time.

He has two puppy Pitbulls , and have already heard zipping matter in that direction and yealps.

You should see me contemplating which time I should make alot fo noise when a pushy rich ahhh wants his pool done right NOW! Hey, I've got the gate code , LOL. I'm a little better now , but some places are like 9:30-10:00 and I have to guess. Is six ok...

I use to have a helper long ago that would bang out the mixer at sun rise which could be 5:30 am. and I couldn't get him to wait a second later. I forget what he told me , but it wasn't good , he enjoyed it.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

Chain saw grinding on firewood stumps across the valley. Kinda hangs like fog.

Naturally, when it was really out of order, I found time to crank up my

20" and buck some wood while he was playing his music loud. :-)

Martin

Reply to
Eastburn

Lived in a duplex once where neighbor played his TV way too loud till way too late and us with a new baby not getting much sleep anyway. I politely asked him if he would please turn it down after 10 pm or so. He less politely told me I could go to hell.

Roger that! The folllowing Saturday night he came in late and well-lubricated. Perfect! Figured he'd have him a head in the morning for sure. Meanwhile, I'd glommed an empty 55-gallon steel drum from the carwash to use as a burning barrel -- could still burn trash then. 0630 Sunday AM, commenced sawing out the top of the drum with my one-speed-only Craftsman sabersaw. That racket would have made a leafblower seem like a antfart. Queen ant who farteth with quiet decorum and grace, not the vulgar nanoblat of a worker ant.

He came out the door in his 'jammies seconds later, holding his ears with both hands and shreiking for me to fercrissakes cut that out! I cheerfully told him happy latenight TV and go to hell, kept sawing.

He was clearly torn between murder and please, but opted for please so I relented.

Never had a problem with his TV after that.

Reply to
Don Foreman

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:58:13 -0600, "Tim Williams" wrote something ......and in reply I say!:

Ever used a jackhammer for a while? An earthquake is like "huh!? wtf was that? oh well.. back to work"...

**************************************************** sorry remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Imagine a _world_ where Nature's lights are obscured by man's. There would be nowhere to go. Or wait a while. Then you won't have to imagine.

Reply to
Old Nick

When my son was in high school he came in late one Saturday night, wove hes way across the living room and went to bed. I didn't think there was much point in a late night argument so I waited till the next morning to handle the situation.

Woke him at 6:00 in the AM and draged his sorry butt out of bed. Handed him a 16lb. sledge hammer and we commenced to break out a 4x4 ancient concrete pad in front of the porch steps.

About an hour into the task I casually broughtup the subject of too much beer the night before must equal a pounding head the next morning. He agreed that was so.

Last time for that particular problem.

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

When OSHA (or whoever) decreed that trucks should have warning devices when they back up, they never gave any thought to how far the sound travels -- especially at 6 am. Some idiot, a couple of miles away, starts his truck every Saturday and Sunday morning, backs it up, leaves it in reverse and goes off to have his breakfast for an hour. That infernal beep-beep-beep carries for miles and is impossible to shut out of your mind, because the brain anticipates the next 'beep' and will pull the signal out of the noise, be it ever so faint . . .

Mb-A

Max ben-Aaron

This would be joined by those cheap bastards that refuse to replace a spent low-beam, and drive around with one high-beam, and one low-beam, as if nobody can tell.

I guess that would be stupid cheap bastards. Followed closely by the tail-gating light truck owner with those new, gazillion-lumins lamps.

And to the 2nd degree hell, those that turn right from the middle of the road instead of pulling over then turning, and those that actually get angry when you decide to yield, when the sign says "Yield" not the merge sign. Or the ones that come to a full & complete stop, on a merge, when they have their own freakin lane.

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill

Reply to
Roy J

The apartment complexes next to our subdivision have night time garbage collection with each dumpster getting at least three reverse maneuvers. Not bad winter and summer, but during open window time, it can get a bit annoying around 3AM. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

My goodness. The West Coast linguistic separation from George's English has moved further than I had realised.

What, pray, does

"He has two puppy Pitbulls , and have already heard zipping matter in that direction and yealps."

mean?

mcn (gets the rest of it, but wants to grok the whole sheebang)

Reply to
mcn

I was being vague , the other neighbor doesn't like the barking either and shoots across the street at the dogs to train them. I guess a .22 pellet gun . Never had BB and pellet gun fights for fun? They make a neat zoom spiral sound when going by. We use to play with about 7 people at night in 35F below weather and ahhh 3 pump limit. The game was over when someone gets pissed and you hear over 3 pumps , they got up 6 at times.

As to leaf blowers , they have some communities here that have to have only one contractor and they know all the right times .

& what does the between the ( ) mean? You get the rest of the post , but want to disparage the entire thing ? Its the spelling right? Maybe that's your favorite dog and it's two words...?
Reply to
Sunworshiper

it means the same thing as is gonna happen around here soon as I get the high energy cat accelerator (catapult, slingshot) if people don't start confining their feline shit machines. My house is blessed with a three foot overhang of the top level, naturally, no grass grows there, no snow blows there, and, being sheltered next to the house, the ground never freezes, so guess how many neighbourhood cats have discovered this prime sandbox. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 00:20:09 GMT, Gerald Miller brought forth from the murky depths:

Spread a box of mothballs on the ground outside and see if that takes care of the critters for awhile. They stink but smell better than cat urine or feces. That got rid of some skunks at my parents' house once, too. The skunks found that the new sod was very easy to roll back up to get the grubs underneath each night. It puzzled my folks for a month before they saw a critter actually doing it. What a hoot!

========================================================== CAUTION: Do not use remaining fingers as pushsticks! ==========================================================

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Never though of that, although I do use them under the back shed every five years to evict the cute little stinkers when they take up residence; it's worth a try. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

NP , I usually don't go back on the list this far back to see if there was an answer.

I finally got some time off and spent it working on dry clothes and heat for the house. Now within 24 hrs. I have 2 plus weeks of work to do and trying to figure out if I can do it all or pick a job to give away. Nothing like trying to get out of jobs and everyone says we'll wait and don't want someone else to do it. NO no you don't understand , I can't do all this myself. Anyhow , just reading and trying to figure out the next move and running out of time.

Reply to
Sunworshiper