Lets roll!

I don't hate, just don't think guns should be for everyone. Suppose you knew a guy was unstable and capable of killing, would you want that person to be allowed to buy a gun legally? I know he may still get a gun illegally but I'm talking about legal gun ownership.

Reply to
Doug

Just keep talking... people can judge you for what you are too which may not be what you think you are.

Reply to
Doug

It is PLONK

Reply to
Thomas

Well, that's three of the five vowels. What's next? Plank and plenk?

I think someone on this list has very loose vowels.

.

It is PLONK

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Nah, you just looked in the mirror.

Reply to
krw

Let me add "liar" to the (long) list of the attributes of you loony lefties.

No one said they should be, stupid. I have no interest in forcing you to protect yourself.

If I *knew* it? Well, you do know (no I suppose you don't) that there are people who aren't allowed, by law, to own firearms?

That'll make the dead person feel *much* better.

Reply to
krw

Why should we care ? You are one of those sheeple who expects others to protect you A morally corrupt position.

Reply to
Atila Iskander

1) Vacuous argument that relies on overgeneralization Under the right stressors EVERYONE can be unstable and/or capable of killing. 2) And if your example can get a gun illegally, (and it's not that hard), what difference does it make to make my life more difficult and less safe ?
Reply to
Atila Iskander

yada, yada, yada. More circular logic I KNOW what I am. And frankly I don't really give a fig about what others (such as you) imagine I am.

Reply to
Atila Iskander

I'll go farther. Everybody who wants a gun should have one PROVIDED by the government (if they can't afford one on their own).

Here's the rationale: The courts have held that an individual charged with a crime is entitled to a lawyer, at state expense if necessary, so that his constitutional right to legal representation can be fulfilled.

It follows that if we have a right to own a gun...

Reply to
HeyBub

Yes.

The devil is in the details. Assuming there existed a law stating, simply, "Unstable individuals cannot buy a gun." How do you define "unstable?" Is it a subjective decision by the police chief? Is it someone who walks about with a sign reading 'Thy Doom Is Near?" And so on.

As for your example, I really don't want to be around anyone who is NOT capable of killing.

Reply to
HeyBub

At least two states I know about, Texas & Tennessee, a legally blind person can obtain a concealed carry license.

Arguably, the physically handicapped have even MORE need of a weapon than the more robust members of society.

Reply to
HeyBub

For a start, those who proclaim that strangers hate and threaten them.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Ok

Reply to
Doug

Never going to be easy to judge in reality. My example was on purpose, over simplification.

Reply to
Doug

Interesting opinion but expense of representation for me doesn't equate to having the ability to kill someone.

Reply to
Doug

Ok.

Reply to
Doug

I was legally blind without my glasses when I went into the US Army back in the '70s.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

But it is sometimes that true that just because you are paranoid doesn't mean someone is out to get them.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

So one only has the "ability to kill someone" if they have a gun or a lawyer??

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K