Lets roll!

During the Colorado shooting, wasn't there one person who said "Oh, well, I'm dead anyway" and charged, and tackled the shooter? Or did they all run
ad hide? I guess not?
On 7/21/2012 7:14 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I think it's a little unfair to ask that of civilians. They thought they were going to a movie.
But one guy with a CC permit and a clear line of fire might have saved some lives that day.
On 7/21/2012 7:26 PM, Richard wrote:

Problem is - such a person would not likely have been going to see that movie at midnight...

Aurora Theatre Gun-Free Zone
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/07/20/Ebert-Gun-Free - Theater-Proves-Concealed-Carry-Doesnt-Work
beware the wordwrap
Terry wrote:

If you surround the link in "< >" it won't wrap for the reader. Example:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/07/20/Ebert-Gun-Free-Theater-Proves-Concealed-Carry-Doesnt-Work

Which will only come back to bite them on the ass in the end... By restricting the patrons ability to defend themselves using personally carried lawful firearms the theater assumes the duty-of-care to ensure it's patrons safety to offset that restriction it chose to impose upon its patrons...
Also I don't believe that there is any such policy in effect which is zero exceptions... Off-duty law enforcement officers are often required by law to be armed at all times, the private property owner could not legally refuse such a person entry or purchase of goods... If the theater makes that one exception then legally they can not bar anyone else in lawful possession of a firearm entry as that would be a discriminatory policy and restricting citizen's constitutional rights and offers the establishment no protection from criminals who illegally carry weapons in violation of the law, let alone the policies of some store or business...
It sounds like the theater employees were asleep at the switch as rear exit doors are frequently monitored at all times to prevent "theft of services" where one person in a group buys a ticket and then opens the exit door to admit their friends whom have not paid... A teenaged usher with acne and a flashlight could have foiled this incident during the several minutes it would have taken the suspect to unpack and put on all the gear and weapons he had stowed away in his car...
But no one checked the door the suspect exited through and left propped open so he could re-enter the exit to initiate his attack...
On 7/21/2012 9:32 PM, Evan wrote:

You don't know that the person who opened the door from the inside was the perp. It could have been someone in league with the gunman. Someone who wants to create havoc and terror and who provided information and manipulated Holmes' marginal personality.
Expect more of these events as we approach the elections.
I would certainly look for psychoactive drugs. Most mass shooters were on one of the SSRIs.
On 7/21/2012 11:18 PM, Strabo wrote:

It seems to me that these mass shootings happen more often during Democrat administrations. Perhaps it's because the Democrat rulers damage the psyche of our society so badly that some people are pushed over the edge into hopeless rage. Thankfully it's only a very few it happens to, we have enough insane Democrats in this country. O_o
TDD
With economic depression, and O saying how you didn't build that business. I can see people being depressed. I'm depressed, but certainly not homicidal.
It seems to me that these mass shootings happen more often during Democrat administrations. Perhaps it's because the Democrat rulers damage the psyche of our society so badly that some people are pushed over the edge into hopeless rage. Thankfully it's only a very few it happens to, we have enough insane Democrats in this country. O_o
TDD

Yo have any kind of actual documentation to back that up?

He most certainly does. A whole library of it stored right where he pulled that "fact" out of. Crania and rectum comes to mind.
Harry K

Not one single peer-reviewed paper was noted among these.

But not if you do the same thing in Pub Med or any DB of peer-reviewed and journal-published research. I also got a big kick out of every article where they started out with a figure of many millions on the medication, and then coming up with one instance every few years where it was an "issue".

And oddly of course, if one searches for 'children, drugs, mass shootings' oddly youi get 100% correlation on the hits.
Harry K

That is even remotely relevant how?

On 7/22/2012 9:16 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

There's quite a few. See http://www.ssristories.com/index.php
examples...
School Shooting    Prozac WITHDRAWAL    2008-02-15    Illinois    ** 6 Dead: 15 Wounded: Perpetrator Was in Withdrawal from Med & Acting Erratically
School Shooting    Prozac Antidepressant    2005-03-24    Minnesota    **10 Dead: 7 Wounded: Dosage Increased One Week before Rampage
School Shooting    Paxil [Seroxat] Antidepressant    2001-03-10    Pennsylvania **14 Year Old GIRL Shoots & Wounds Classmate at Catholic School
School Shooting    Zoloft Antidepressant & ADHD Med    2011-07-11    Alabama    **14 Year Old Kills Fellow Middle School Student
School Shooting    Zoloft Antidepressant    1995-10-12    South Carolina    **15 Year Old Shoots Two Teachers, Killing One: Then Kills Himself
School Shooting    Med For Depression    2009-03-13    Germany    **16 Dead Including Shooter: Antidepressant Use: Shooter in Treatment For Depression
School Hostage Situation    Med For Depression    2010-12-15    France    **17 Year Old with Sword Holds 20 Children & Teacher Hostage
School Shooting Plot    Med For Depression WITHDRAWAL    2008-08-28    Texas    **18 Year Old Plots a Columbine School Attack
School Shooting    Anafranil Antidepressant    1988-05-20    Illinois    **29 Year Old WOMAN Kills One Child: Wounds Five: Kills Self
School Shooting    Luvox/Zoloft Antidepressants    1999-04-20    Colorado **COLUMBINE: 15 Dead: 24 Wounded
School Stabbings    Antidepressants    2001-06-09    Japan    **Eight Dead: 15 Wounded: Assailant Had Taken 10 Times his Normal Dose of Depression Med
School Shooting    Prozac Antidepressant WITHDRAWAL    1998-05-21    Oregon **Four Dead: Twenty Injured
School Stabbing    Med For Depression    2011-10-25    Washington    **Girl, 15, Stabs Two Girls in School Restroom: 1 Is In Critical Condition
School Shooting    Antidepressant    2006-09-30    Colorado    **Man Assaults Girls: Kills One & Self

BULL... Everything about this incident which has been released to the public as well as numerous survivors who have been interviewed stated that the gunman entered from the exit door... His activities prior to the event scream "lone wolf" rather than being a team player...
The gunman had a redeemed prepaid ticket in his possession when\ arrested, so he was there in the theater prior to exiting to retrieve his body armor and weapons while he prepared for the main event... Since he had to go outside that means he had to use an exit door, the same door he later re-entered the theater through, so the simplest explanation that fits the known facts is that HE and not some unknown partner was the one who propped open the door...
Where did you get your psychology diagnostic experience ? Was it from the same cracker-jack decoder ring that the newsmedia has been using to magically divine all the pop psychology reasons why this person could have done this ? Seriously some people just snap for no reason and do terrible things without being mentally ill or taking SSRIs...

Please cite the relevant case law in Colorado.

Please cite the relevant case law in Colorado.
I don't think you can.
-- Doug
Oren wrote:

Of course, the fact that he beat the crap out of several cops had nothing to do with it. The initial broadcast showed him kicking punching and pounding on cops, till backup arrived. MSM edited that part out for the replay a few minutes later.
Gunner Asch wrote:

Operative word, "concealed". If it is concealed, how are the theater flunkys to know someone is entering with one?
--

dadiOH

Metal detector at the entrance/exits. I've seen a couple reports in the news where some theaters are going to do it.
Harry K