Lets roll!

During the Colorado shooting, wasn't there one person who said "Oh, well, I'm dead anyway" and charged, and tackled the shooter? Or did they all run ad hide? I guess not?

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think it's a little unfair to ask that of civilians. They thought they were going to a movie.

But one guy with a CC permit and a clear line of fire might have saved some lives that day.

Reply to
Richard

Problem is - such a person would not likely have been going to see that movie at midnight...

Reply to
Richard

Aurora Theatre Gun-Free Zone

beware the wordwrap

Reply to
Terry

If you surround the link in "< >" it won't wrap for the reader. Example:

HeyBub

Which will only come back to bite them on the ass in the end... By restricting the patrons ability to defend themselves using personally carried lawful firearms the theater assumes the duty-of-care to ensure it's patrons safety to offset that restriction it chose to impose upon its patrons...

Also I don't believe that there is any such policy in effect which is zero exceptions... Off-duty law enforcement officers are often required by law to be armed at all times, the private property owner could not legally refuse such a person entry or purchase of goods... If the theater makes that one exception then legally they can not bar anyone else in lawful possession of a firearm entry as that would be a discriminatory policy and restricting citizen's constitutional rights and offers the establishment no protection from criminals who illegally carry weapons in violation of the law, let alone the policies of some store or business...

It sounds like the theater employees were asleep at the switch as rear exit doors are frequently monitored at all times to prevent "theft of services" where one person in a group buys a ticket and then opens the exit door to admit their friends whom have not paid... A teenaged usher with acne and a flashlight could have foiled this incident during the several minutes it would have taken the suspect to unpack and put on all the gear and weapons he had stowed away in his car...

But no one checked the door the suspect exited through and left propped open so he could re-enter the exit to initiate his attack...

Reply to
Evan

Please don't cross post when replying to this attention seeking moron.

Reply to
terryc

Apologies...

Reply to
Richard

When you have been shot at close range by someone intent on killing you, you will be in a position to judge how someone else reacts under similar circumstances. You don't really know what you will do unless that happens. However, based on your posting history, I'm guessing a change of holy underwear would be required and then a lot of posts about how you need to buy a gun someday.

Reply to
Deucalion

You don't know that the person who opened the door from the inside was the perp. It could have been someone in league with the gunman. Someone who wants to create havoc and terror and who provided information and manipulated Holmes' marginal personality.

Expect more of these events as we approach the elections.

I would certainly look for psychoactive drugs. Most mass shooters were on one of the SSRIs.

Reply to
Strabo

I haven't heard of that but I did hear that one young man took a fatal bullet to save his girlfriend there. It really makes me sad to think this is almost becoming a common event and whereas before I had no opinion on gun control, I do now but I'll save it for a rainy day.

Reply to
Doug

It seems to me that these mass shootings happen more often during Democrat administrations. Perhaps it's because the Democrat rulers damage the psyche of our society so badly that some people are pushed over the edge into hopeless rage. Thankfully it's only a very few it happens to, we have enough insane Democrats in this country. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The "lets roll" guy thought he was on air plane ride.

Got to be prepared to take action, when the moment happens. Why would a guy with a CC / CHL permit be any different than the unprepared sheeple? (Training, mindset, preparation, and....)

.

I think it's a little unfair to ask that of civilians. They thought they were going to a movie.

But one guy with a CC permit and a clear line of fire might have saved some lives that day.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yo have any kind of actual documentation to back that up?

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Operative word, "concealed". If it is concealed, how are the theater flunkys to know someone is entering with one?

Reply to
dadiOH

He most certainly does. A whole library of it stored right where he pulled that "fact" out of. Crania and rectum comes to mind.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Metal detector at the entrance/exits. I've seen a couple reports in the news where some theaters are going to do it.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

BULL... Everything about this incident which has been released to the public as well as numerous survivors who have been interviewed stated that the gunman entered from the exit door... His activities prior to the event scream "lone wolf" rather than being a team player...

The gunman had a redeemed prepaid ticket in his possession when\ arrested, so he was there in the theater prior to exiting to retrieve his body armor and weapons while he prepared for the main event... Since he had to go outside that means he had to use an exit door, the same door he later re-entered the theater through, so the simplest explanation that fits the known facts is that HE and not some unknown partner was the one who propped open the door...

Where did you get your psychology diagnostic experience ? Was it from the same cracker-jack decoder ring that the newsmedia has been using to magically divine all the pop psychology reasons why this person could have done this ? Seriously some people just snap for no reason and do terrible things without being mentally ill or taking SSRIs...

Reply to
Evan

ROFL...

Seriously ? Those careful planners who go off on these shooting sprees rarely envision resistance so if anyone had begun shooting back he could have stopped and fled...

To say that only a police officer with training and experience could have done anything: I say bullshit... There are just as many cases where the police shoot innocent people who are bystanders or completely air condition a suspect's car when one or two shots is all that was called for...

Reply to
Evan

ROFL... How will installing metal detectors at the main entrance in any way protect against someone going out the rear exit and then coming back in armed ?

Reply to
Evan