Binoc repair?

Loaned out my Minolta Standard 10x50 at the beginning of deer season, got them back a month or so ago. Just took em out to look at something..and evidently the guy dropped em as Ive now got double images. Prism or oculars have moved in one. Anyone here fix binocs..or know an inexpensive shop I can send these to?

Ive had these for..15 or so years, loved the bastards and Ive treated them with tenderloving care... $@!!!!%##!!!! !!!

Any suggestions? Im not particularly good with optics and frankly..dont have clue what Im doing with repairs so Im not even going to take the pants off them.

Any suggestions or links would be great!!

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gummer:

You should take the pants off them. That's what's making it hard for you to see. And Your buddy wants them back.

Reply to
beryl

Tough break man. A quick Google search revealed many places that repair them. There also appears to be some youtube vids that show you how to take apart and adjust em. Thats what I would try. I really need to get me another pair. I used to have a nice pair of Bushnell 10x50's that did a fine job, but they were heavier than hell. I see that theres some decent priced ones around now that are lighter weight and supposed to be pretty good. I may have to try out some good quality Chinese optics :o) NB

Reply to
bates2012

Tell your buddy to buy you a new pair or get lost.

After he does send yours for repair.

Diesel.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Gummer:

Awww, I'm so sorry Gummer! Meanwhile, my 10x25 Zeiss roof prism set are in great shape.

Reply to
beryl

I picked up a 10x50 Zeiss in a bar for 18 bucks. Best deal of my life.

Reply to
Thomas

Bet it was stolen.

Reply to
Nicholas

I was wondering why he didn't ask the person he loaned them to to fix them. My feeling is that if you need to borrow something you send it back in better shape than when you borrowed it.

Reply to
Debbie

Sounds like a defining moment. A person who returns a broken item, well, that's not the definition of a friend.

.

I was wondering why he didn't ask the person he loaned them to to fix them. My feeling is that if you need to borrow something you send it back in better shape than when you borrowed it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

We usually manage to separate political from metalworking, materials, instruments or tools. Get with the program!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

The person who cleans our microscopes at work has mentioned doing prism repairs on microscopes in the past. If the binocs are economically worth it, you might look for places that service the microscopes for hospitals and universities.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

On 01/27/2012 09:43 PM, Gunner Asch wrote: ...

Laugh Laugh Laugh!!!

Reply to
beryl

I had that problem with a pair of Swifts, got them fixed at Land, Sea, and Sky in Houston. Used to be Texas Nautical Repair when I bought them. Gone all new age and moved from Fannin to Richmond near the Village now, but they still do good optics.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Dan