Lets roll!

Gunner Asch wrote:

Legal?
What law, statute, ordinance, or common sense mandates an individual risk his life when retreat or escape is possible?
HeyBub wrote:

That is from the front cover of the coward's handbook.

cowards handbook? heh... It's a fool who is not armed who faces off against one who is.
--
Things look bad from over here. Too much confusion and no solution.
Everyone here knows your fear. Your out of touch and you try too much.

Fools were mentioned quite often in the bible:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yes, to register their run for office.
20:25:48 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

    thanks for the list.
    But I think you missed one
Proverbs 17:16 Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it? (KJV)
or - "What profiteth it to a fool to have riches, since he may not buy wisdom? (since he cannot buy wisdom?) He that maketh his house high, seeketh falling; and he that escheweth to learn, shall fall into evils." (The Wycliffe translation ~1390)
--
pyotr filipivich
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
pyotr filipivich wrote:

That was just a list I'd found online. I'm sure there are others.

Fools, fools everywhere and not a clear thought among them.
14:07:17 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

    Oh there are, there are.

    Lemme hear an 'Amen'.
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake

Lemme hear an 'Amen'.
pyotr
-- pyotr filipivich Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake at a pre-school without a Democrat office holder telling them what to look for, where, and why it is Geroge Bush's fault.

Yikes!
I'm much more interested in your soldering techniques. I'd rather not discuss religion with you. I just can't see any good that would come of it.
I have already offended you in some fashion.. I'd rather not make things worse by engaging in a debate concerning philosophy, religion, or politics.
--
Things look bad from over here. Too much confusion and no solution.
Everyone here knows your fear. Your out of touch and you try too much.
Dustin wrote:

I wasn't discussing religion, just giving some more definitions of fools. I only discuss that subject with people I know. :)
Did you see the post about the Harbor Freight iron not being practical about converting to three wire power cords? Also, I got the flux dispenser bottle in the mail today and I'm not happy with the size or quality. The hypodermic needle just pushes on, and isn't very tight. They would be OK for the casual user, but not for hours of daily use. It's about 1 3/8" diameter * 2 3/4" tall without the cap & a needle. I don't think it would be very stable on a cluttered workbench. I like the three soldering irons that arrived on Wednsday, and that there are thousands of tips for sale on Ebay. The lock ring connectors are a lot better than the lightweight five pin DIN connectors and I've located a place to buy them wholesale. I am considering a custom, Atmel 2560 based controller that will hold four soldering irons, a desoldering iron & a built in ohm meter to test the ground connections. Each with it's own power switch. It's annoying to have to let an iron cool to change a tip, then repatr that for another job. I used to barely get by with three irons at Microdyne, but there are times when I needed a second iron with a large tip. The pair with the smallest chisel tips were used to remove surface mounted resistors & capacitors by heating both ends at once.

Offended me? I would simply kill file you if that were the case. :)

Since I rarely solder, Im interested in that "Cold Heat" cordless iron they show on TV. Seems that would be handy for the little dab of soldering I do. What say ye? NB
bates2012 wrote:

They are low grade resistance soldering irons. I've not heard anyone brag about them being good. Only one who claimed they were 'OK', and he was considered a hack who patched store return junk together and sold it to suckers.
The tips are carbon, and very fragile. They have a short life. If you want a battery powere iron, look at the Wahl cordless irons. They cost more, but they do work. I used one for years to repair the circuit boards in Commodore 64 computers. The also sold a 'Tuner extension tip which was about four inches long. You could work it through a group of wires, then push the button to heat the tip. No risk of burning the wiring in tight places. They were in the $30 range when I bought the 'Orange' eight hour charge model. A week later the 'Red' one hour charge model came out. :)
One big problem with a rechargable iron: Battery life is only a few years. If you aren't doing work on static sensitve electronics, just buy a 25 to 45 W iron. I have used Weller SP23 irons since the late '60s. There is a 40W model in that line, as well.

Thanks for the info. Ill look into the Wahl irons. NB

The little Coleman Cold Heat unit I've had for years uses standard AA batteries and works best on thick metal like battery terminals and old time soldering lugs. ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I looked at them when they first came out and the entire batch had bad tips. I rarely need to solder a joint or two and just wasn't impressed with them, but if it works for you, enjoy it. :)
On 7/27/2012 1:04 AM, bates2012 wrote:

I used the one I own to repair a telephone yesterday. I didn't have to pull out my Weller soldering station I bought new 38 years ago. ^_^
TDD

I find great value in your information. thanks for sharing.
--
Things look bad from over here. Too much confusion and no solution.
Everyone here knows your fear. Your out of touch and you try too much.
Dustin wrote:

You're welcome. :)
On 07/27/2012 09:25 PM, Dustin wrote:

+1