Lets roll!

If it was tear gas, it tends to lay low and slowly rise so it could take several minutes for it to hit the detectors in a theater. Do they even detect tear gas? How high are the ceilings, and do they use rate of rise, ionization or photoelectric detectors. Each has its application, and aren't well suited to some applications.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

BS. EOLR only detects open or shorted circuits. it doesn nothing to prevent bypassing a single switch, unless every switch is a home run. I used to teach new techs how to install alarm systems, and built an early central monitoring station.

I installed some in nursing homes that sounded an alarm if any door except the lobby door was opened to prevent walkaways in their dementia patients.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They take statistics of horrific acts of violence? Sure go ahead and quote them. And tell that to Chicago !!

Reply to
Doug

Point out how? This isn't covered by hindering prosecution which, at least the ones I am familiar with, require some active assistance in a case. Most have some flavor of (1) Harbors or conceals such person; or (2) Warns such person of impending discovery or apprehension, except this does not apply to a warning given in connection with an effort to bring another into compliance with the law; or (3) Provides such person with money, transportation, weapon, disguise or other means to aid him in avoiding discovery or apprehension; or (4) Prevents or obstructs, by means of force, deception or intimidation, anyone from performing an act that might aid in the discovery or apprehension of such person. Obstruction of justice also wouldn't fit this scenario.

Not hardly: In most jurisdictions, the right to remain silent allows ***any person*** questioned by police merely to refuse to answer questions posed by an investigator without giving any reason for doing so. (emphasis mine).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Which was largely a non-reply to the question. Just your feelings that they are coming closer together.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

If the gas was heavy, then it wouldn't have risen to the ceiling where the smoke detectors most likely were. These are generally fairly high ceilinged areas.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

So you should have no problem demonstrating that with some graph to support your claim Even a sequential list of dates would do as well..

Reply to
Atila Iskander

Goalpost move noted

Reply to
Atila Iskander

Your other reply was COMPLETELY BARE OF FACTS to support your claim Try again

Reply to
Atila Iskander

No, this isn't fun.

Reply to
Richard

No, but if anyone was injured and you left (even if the accident was the other diver's fault) you probably have some serious problems if the police can find you.

Here are the hit and run laws in almost all 50 states. You can pick your flavor.

Deucalion

No need, I know I'm right.

Reply to
Doug

LOL

Reply to
Doug

Statistics can be slanted anyway you want if you call those facts.

Reply to
Doug

Weasel response note A simple chronological list is NOT slantable in any way

Reply to
Atila Iskander

At least you imagine you are Too bad you confuse "imagine" with "know" There is a difference But it's a difference idiots don't comprehend

Reply to
Atila Iskander

They say that he did.

Oates said the gunman wore a gas mask and a ballistic helmet and vest, as well as leg, groin and throat protectors. He said among the guns was an AR-15 rifle and that the gunman used two gas canisters.

Reply to
Deucalion

Nope. There is no state where a civilian has a duty to stop and give aid. Heck , last I looked there were only three states where a medical professional had a legal duty to render aid (outside of the regular scope of their employment of course) and these were so full of holes as to be practically useless. All of the states I looked at the website you suggested (ten before I got bored) stated very specifically what the requirements were of the DRIVER. Besides this is so far outside of the area we were discussing as to be in the Left Field PARKING LOT instead of merely coming out of left field.

None of which require you to talk to the cops and that is WAY outside the discussion of people at the Aurora movie.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

But is SO much easier slant the absence of facts such as your tactic.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I thought the thread had morphed to talking about leaving the scene of an accident when someone ran a car off the road after the driver of the other car had shot at them. I didn't see any exceptions in the law that allowed someone to not only leave the scene, but also not report their part in the altercation.

Reply to
Deucalion