Lets roll!

If I'd been in that theatre, I sure would have wished for a handgun.

.

Are you?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Mass shootings are not that "common an experience" as you imagine This is a far more common experience. Nearly 4 times as common, and no one blathers on about these ?

Reply to
Atila Iskander

I did NOT post that If you're going to cite people, then do it CORRECTLY

Reply to
Atila Iskander

++ ++ ++ Think a bit more about this. ++ The shooter was probably not standing surround ++ (all around) by his victims ++ He was standing alone where he could face his intended targets ++ That would place him away from any potential bystanders. ++ That means that shooting at him would only be a danger ++ to people between them. ++

If you're going to snip text, do so WITHOUT changing the context

Try again dummy There is NO EVIDENCE that there was ANYONE BEHIND the shooter It also appears that the shooter and the screen behind him

Clearly you cut my post to be able to post your BULLSHIT

Make an effort to inform yourself The shooter left the theater by a side door, went to his car, geared up and returned to do the shooting

Reply to
Atila Iskander

Not common yet...as I said " becoming common" but maybe I should have said "becoming MORE common" as each year goes by.

Reply to
Doug

Huh?

I can't imagine any law anywhere that mandates a citizen report a crime, traffic accident, or an invasion of little green men. If you know of such a statute, I'd be greatly enlightened - and surprised - to hear about it.

Please factor into your equation the Fifth Amendment's provision against mandatory self-incrimination.

Reply to
HeyBub

Of course not.

But since when does "need" factor into government regulations?

Reply to
HeyBub

I doubt that they are becoming "more" common But hey, I'll be happy to look at any data to support your claim

Reply to
Atila Iskander

Legal?

What law, statute, ordinance, or common sense mandates an individual risk his life when retreat or escape is possible?

Reply to
HeyBub

It *is* illegal to leave the scene. The only hope to stay out of the graybar hotel is to hope no one can track you down or do a mea culpa and demonstrate that you had good reason to scat. Anything in the middle and you're in deep hockey.

Irrelevant.

Reply to
krw

Except it's not.

Reply to
krw

I believe some states have laws that mandate reporting if your gun was stolen, with penalties if you don't

Reply to
Atila Iskander

Really, look at the news and think about how many times you heard this sorta thing. The years between these events are getting closer.

Reply to
Doug

See my other reply.

Reply to
Doug

Good question. If the theater lacked any of the protections you mention, that's one (or two or three...) more inactions that lead to almost total liability.

Unload your Cinemark stock, double quick.

Reply to
HeyBub

Sure. A death or injury resulting from a lawful act with no showing of negligence is neither a tort nor a crime. Self defense, or defense of others, is a lawful, even meritorious, act.

For a defender, the choice is to stop the on-going attack or allow the attack to continue out of the fear that a baby sleeping in its crib a block away may be collateral damage.

In my view, taking into account what's beyond your target is ridiculous and takes time away from the issue at hand.

Reply to
HeyBub

Why do the idiots pull cops off their other duty to do a job that they can hire for part time, minimum wages?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Is it a criminal offense to have your gun stolen?

Reply to
krw

That is from the front cover of the coward's handbook.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Perfect leftist reply, "look at the news...". Statistics say otherwise. Crime has steadily decreased.

Reply to
krw