Lets roll!

The average person does seem to be WAY too stupid to be carrying. Im not too sure that the class they take to get a permit is much help. I know of a few local permit holders that think their pistol can defy the laws of physics. I dont bother with a permit. Since I get harassed fairly regularly by the local police, it probably cant come to a good end. NB

Reply to
bates2012

Yes, to register their run for office.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not if they have a gun.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That, or a CCW guy at the theatrer would have stopped the shooter, and then put away his weapon. The cops would have showed up, took a couple hundred eye witness reports, and a couple hundred sheeple would have thanked the CCW guy.

I'm sorry you thought it was false security. Maybe it was, in your case. You lack confidence?

.

That fellow would have been...

1) shot by the police. 2) sued by everybody in the theater 3) God help him if he accidentally hit anybody.

After 911, I got a carry permit, primarily so I could take a pistol in the car or motorhome without hassle. I also carried it on the street for a while. It gave me a false sense of security. I determined that ANY action that I took would involve WAY more risk to me than any help it could provide.

Ordinary people shouldn't carry guns. But I'd defend their right to do so.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Another was that I experienced pure Communism while officially opposing it, Uncle Sam provided everything I needed (their definition of "need") and I had to perform only according to my abilities (again, their definition of "ability").

Some people are quite satisfied to trade freedom of choice for the secure, decision-free comfort zone a military career provides. In Europe I noticed that few of them ever left the base other than to go drinking downtown while I was out exploring ancient villages and castles at every opportunity.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Or he's planning on a shooting spree.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Wed, 25 Jul 2012

20:25:48 -0400 typed >> "Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

thanks for the list.

But I think you missed one

Proverbs 17:16 Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it? (KJV)

or - "What profiteth it to a fool to have riches, since he may not buy wisdom? (since he cannot buy wisdom?) He that maketh his house high, seeketh falling; and he that escheweth to learn, shall fall into evils." (The Wycliffe translation ~1390)

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

That was just a list I'd found online. I'm sure there are others.

Fools, fools everywhere and not a clear thought among them.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" on Wed, 25 Jul 2012

22:09:38 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

Not necessarily. But, just as you can get more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone*, so you can steal more with a briefcase and a gun, than with a briefcase alone.

tschus pyotr

*attributed to Alphonse "Big Al" Capone, well known Used Furniture Dealer from Chicago.
Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Al was definately against armed citizens.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 26 Jul 2012

14:07:17 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

Oh there are, there are.

Lemme hear an 'Amen'.

pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I only respond to "can I get an Amen!"

.

Lemme hear an 'Amen'.

pyotr

-- pyotr filipivich Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake at a pre-school without a Democrat office holder telling them what to look for, where, and why it is Geroge Bush's fault.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Really ? Why ?

Really ? Why ?

Really ? Why ?

That's you But that does not make it true for anyone else

You're right And since only 1-2% of the population chooses to carry, they definitely are not ordinary like you

Reply to
Atila Iskander

If you have to ask, you haven't thought about it.

My hearing was damaged by the cowboy sitting next to me shooting. I was hit by an ejected shell casing. I wouldn't have been shot if the cowboy hadn't drawn fire. The ambulance chaser talked me into joining the suit so I could get some free $$$. Everybody's glad they got out alive until the lawyers get in the act. .... ...

Probably manslaughter, but I don't know the exact laws involved. You don't shoot people, period!!! Sorry, your honor, the guy just stood up when I was shooting at the perp.

Unless you happened to be very near the shooter with a clear line of sight, and there's a high probability that YOU will be shot, the possibility of collateral damage is WAY too high in a theater.

Your questions suggest that you shouldn't be carrying a gun.

Reply to
mike

When you say "early stages of Glaucoma", do you mean you're losing your sight because of it already? If so, that's not "early". It can often be many years between when symptoms can be detected and any permanent vision loss. OTOH, eyes do deteriorate, naturally, with age. Generally, it's just loss of the ability to focus or Cataracts, which are easily corrected.

Reply to
krw

Interesting. As I said above, my mother was in the "early stages" for forty years with no vision loss (because of Glaucoma).

That's the good news.

The bad news: some day they'll stop.

Reply to
krw

We have lots of incidents where people who packed and used their guns did not get shot by the police And although the police shoot about 6 times as many innocent bystanders are armed citizens, that is not a guarantee that a citizen will be automatically shot by the police Try again

1) All of the above can also be ascribed to the shooter who was trying to kill you 2) Good Samaritan rule would be applicable in this case 3) If not 2), then State law exempting from lawsuit the person who took on the shooter.

Yes that's is obvious Maybe you should check the law BEFORE you pronounce yourself in future.

Well, that's nice in theory But real life is a different story

Well, then it's the idiot's fault for standing up while shots are being exchanged.

You demonstrate that you haven't thought this through

1) The shooter was standing in front of the screen, which means he was literally standing in a spotlight 2) Most theaters today, have the seats on rising steps, so that that audience has a clear line of set to the screen unimpeded buy the audience in front. 3) Anyone shooting back would have no problem finding a clear shot while the rest of the audience, if they had any brains would be keeping low and scurrying for cover or the exits. The scenario of someone standing straight up, you proposed earlier is highly unlikely except maybe for an clueless idiot 4) The distances involved would be less than 25 yards. A distance that handgun shooters shoot at quite often I can consistently hit within a 5" circle with a 4" S&W 681 in .357 magnum at 50 yards I can do the same with a 2" snubby at 25 yards And I know people who can shoot tighter than that doing double-action double taps. . (But they've practiced far more than me)

More like my questions were to discover how clueless you are about this subject

Reply to
Atila Iskander

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news:Xdadnd9u9o0TE43NnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Yikes!

I'm much more interested in your soldering techniques. I'd rather not discuss religion with you. I just can't see any good that would come of it.

I have already offended you in some fashion.. I'd rather not make things worse by engaging in a debate concerning philosophy, religion, or politics.

Reply to
Dustin

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:8i0Qr.536348$% snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

I'm sorry? I don't own a glass company. I paid what everybody else who called the store paid. The skills? Uhh, no. I have mitchelOnDemand; I used that to show me what I needed to do. Skills=computers. I used that to show me the required steps to change the glass. [g]

I cheated, in other words.

Reply to
Dustin

G. Morgan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@Osama-is-dead.net:

Just a theory... but...

Firealarms are usually looking for something specific... Older ones measured a reaction and went off when a certain level was exceeded.

I don't know what was in the smoke bombs, but either the fire alarms weren't online or it's not the type of smoke they're designed to pick up.

I've seen smoke alarms detect cigarette smoke and not alarm, but if you burn a piece of paper in front of it; it'll go off.

Pot smoke seems to have the same effect, the last time I tried the test. [g]

Have you seen the new intelligent fire alarms? They can "tell" if you're actually in danger, OR if you just overcooked something. It's got to be something in the composition of the smoke.

Reply to
Dustin