Linear Table FS: Reid-Ashton / Thomson SPB-16 OPN / $250

Note: If you want to contact me by email, please address it to funkychateau at yahoo dot com. Don't use the "reply to" option for this posting, it is a spam-blocker.

I would like to sell this Reid-Ashton Linear Table, which was manufactured using Thomson 16-series components. There are four Thomson SPB-16-OPN-ADJ "super adjustable pillow blocks", two 48" sections of shafting, and full-length machined/anodized 6061 supports. The rails are mounted from the bottom, using 16 socket-head bolts, to a very rigid 10" x 3" x 61" welded steel base. The moving work table is about 10-1/2" x 27", and is made of 6061 aluminum plate. There are also end spacers and rubber travel stops. This could make a nice starting point for a CNC router, milling machine, lathe, or similar setup. Here are links to pictures on Yahoo:

I have four of these available. I prefer cash, but will consider trades in a face-to-face exchange. I collect guns and pool cues.

If you want an assembly as shown, it will be for local pickup only, and I will help you load it. Total weight is probably around 200 lbs. I haven't weighed it, but it takes two men to move it. The location is Plano, Texas, just north of Dallas.

As an alternative, I will disassemble the unit and ship the shafting, pillow blocks, full-length supports, spacers, bumpers, and hardware for actual UPS charges plus cost of the container. I'll bag the hardware and small stuff, bubble-wrap each individual long piece, slide everything into a 4"-diameter plastic pipe, and cap the ends. In this case, the base and table would accompany me on my next trip to the scrapyard.

Of course, if you want to buy all four and pay me for the trouble, I could be convinced to build a crate for the bases and deliver them to a freight dock.

thanks!

Martin

ps - This great big electric motor is still available:

Martin