Little OT but steel and lead bring it around

Ah, an old coot shooting a burglar in the pantry. Pfhht. That can't compare with an 11-year-old trapshooting girl blasting an illegal alien in the guts and the 'nads. It doesn't have half of the romance about it.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Hey, that kid went to the same high school where I went as a freshman! (McArthur High).

Twelve sisters and girl cousins, eh? Yup, that sounds like a McArthur student. Nothing much has changed.

Abdomen and legs. Another gut-shooter. Did he get the genitals, too?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:43:05 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

Indubitably! The only problem is the massive amount of money the bastard cost the city because he didn't do the right thing and just DIE. Police activity was so heavy they closed down the street and probably rerouted traffic. Then there were the hospital costs... And his loving family, who ignored him into criminality, will probably sue the poor shooter for wrongful death or worse, wrongful life. Feh!

------------------------------------------ Do the voices in my head bother you? ------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

First - Skeet. This wasn't Goose. Second - she was a long time skeet shooter. The girl knew the gun and what the kick was about. I'm sure she was in a protective lean over and out to minimize her profile. Kinda like skeet but she was shooting across range not up. She was short - shoulder hight likely waist high.

Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Ignoramus3147 wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

That probably explains why she hit the guy in the genitals. She thought it was a low-house shot.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I know you find it gratifying, but perhaps you should understand it's just another urban fairy tale told to agitate the right wing folks

William Noble

It does, however, have the romance of being true rather than urban legend. Shot him right between the eyes? Reads like a dime western novel. :)

Reply to
John Husvar

Which brings up the issue of the tagline Gunner provided, "but you can bet your ass that as a permanent veggie..." I guess that's where the satisfaction lies in this whole thing: knowing that there's an element of permanent revenge.

As I said, it isn't as romantic as a pubescent girl blowing the guy's 'nads off, but I suppose it does pull heartstrings for some. I'm glad the old coot had his gun. I'm also glad he got a chance to shoot it before HE was turned into a vegetable.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I send the BS back to them along with the information (links etc) debunking it, along with a helpful suggestion to keep sending it upstream. It is amazing how many people are happy to send BS to 'everyone in their address book' but WON'T send even a single truthful email to the idiot who mailed the BS to them.

I guess we could call them information diodes.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

messagenews:1188528880 snipped-for-privacy@sp12lax.superfeed.net...

Third - the story is fiction.

The third reason explains all.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

>> > html

The most important thing..was that the new first base, is not gonna be a repeat offender.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

A very good reason to learn to double-tap at lest, or empty the magazine/cylinder until one is sure the threat is stopped

Reply to
Rex

My pistol-grip Moss. 500 works very well fired from the hip. If you're not shooting 3&1/2" loads it's no problem to fire offhand.. if the magazine is full (7 rounds) the perceived recoil is less but it's hard to keep steady for very long;-) A friend tried it offhand with a pretty hot load but once was enough, bruised his hand some.

John

Reply to
JohnM

Hold the buttstock ALONG side your hip, and wth your offhand..hold the forestock in such a manner that you can point your index finger at whatever target you are shooting at.

You WILL shoot where you point..and its quite easy to shoot normal

12ga tactical loads accurately this way.

Though its still best to shoot from the shoulder..pointing with your off index finger.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch