Long term tool storage

Keep an eye out for 45 gallon size parts cans from your surplus sources.

Usually a rubber donut seal, and a lever operated ring clamp to hold the lid on.

Airtight, reliable, and spacious storage.

A couple dessicant packs into one of those, and your moisture issues are done.

Or you could find a couple engine cans (aircraft engines, tank engines, etc). :-) Not real convienient to get open, though. But they usually have a vaccuum guage on them to see if they have been leaking.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

I keep my ceramic cutting material in 50 cal, and shipped across country lots of important stuff packed in them. When I got here, I had extra red rags from the packing to stock the shop :-)

I still have a dozen or so that need to be allocated. I think some will go to the 'Yard Barn' to keep rats out of stuff or moisture.

Martin

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn