Looking for Kroil Recipe

I used a small can to free up a seized Chevy 292 six cylinder engine in a 1973 Chevy Stepvan, after being told by a number of mechanics that the engine would never run again without a complete rebuild. I drove the truck over 5,000 miles without anything other than an oil change and a news set of plugs.

It was a seven ounce spray can. I put approximately equal amounts in each cylinder and let it sit for half an hour. I poured a little gas in the carburetor and it fired right up after sitting over four years. It really freaked out a friend of mine that spent every spare penny and hour at the local race track testing his engines. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I found my last can in the fishing supplies at Wally World. I need to pick up a few more, if they still have any left. I bought the first batch at Big Lots 20 years ago for 50 cents a can. It really worked well removing rusted hardware on that old truck.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 00:57:56 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Michael A. Terrell" quickly quoth:

WHICH last can: Kroil, BreakFree, or Triflow?

-- This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it. - John Adams

Reply to
Larry Jaques