Re: Recipe for a crash?

> "No airspeed + No power + No altitude.= CRASH"

Boo,

I think I got the picture. The advice given by just about everybody is that don't turn downwind with low altitude and not enough power. Everyone have put it clearly and in a very nice way.

I have another new plane almost identical to the one I flew that I had so many questions about. I'm looking forward to flying it with the instructions given here in mind. I don't want to scratch this pretty airplane :)

Thanks to all, Wan

Reply to
Wan

I wouldn't do this with most planes.

If you were slow, I'm guessing simple tip-stall.

Rich

Reply to
Sand57

Landing down wind dead stick is difficult even for the best of flyers The only way to crash a plane dead stick flying into the wind, would be if you are trying to keep the nose up. Turn into the wind keep the nose down and flare is what I learned and what I teach.

Reply to
David

Sorry I forgot to add to that formula No airspeed + No power + No altitude + Trying to maneuver = Crash You should also consider that when you turn down wind whatever airspeed you will gain will bleed off quickly when you turn back into the wind, and you will in all likely hood be even further away from the landing sight. As far a gaining altitude with no power, only sailplanes are good at that. Most of the crashes I have seen were all caused by wing stalling at low altitude, a most unforgiving mistake.

Reply to
William