loose bearing

Got the old mower all tore down. New bearings due this evening.

One of the old bearings was turning on the hub at the OD. Not too much wear but a new bearing is going to slide in there and still have room to rotate.

I'll take a center punch and do a poor man's knurl job on the hub. But I've seen that give out after a while. there must be some product to lock it in place. "Locktight Super duper never let it go"

Any suggestions?

karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Loctite does indeed make a "super duper never let go" adhesive. 609 is one of them. Properly applied it will not let go. A centerpunch knurl is a poor substitute. Done correctly the bearing will not rotate in a bore or on a shaft when Loctite permanent adhesive is used. It may be wise to buy some primer too. The primers are specific to the various products. Eric

Reply to
etpm

They also make bearing retaining compounds like 680 for this situation.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Lactite shaft and bearing mount is made for exactly that application.

Reply to
clare

+1 on the 680. Vibratite make an equivalent that is cheaper. Both great products.

Michael Koblic, Campbell River, BC

Reply to
mkoblic

Old school: I'd wrap it in shim stock.