Lubricating oil for high-speed spindles

I just got an NSK Planet 500, its a high speed air driven spindle that I have put on a small CNC. I have an oiler, but have no idea what type of oil to put
in it. Is anyone familiar with these?
--
9/10/2004

I use "Hydrospin" oil in my spindles. Cann your oil supplier to cross-reference. Tranny fluid may work well also.
--

"sittingduck" < snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
I have the NSK Falcon G-1 which probably uses a similar type spindle, they recommend "Shell Ongina Oil #15", "Esso Crystal 72", or "Mobile Whitelex 309".
I was only able to find the Shell and had to buy a 5 gallon pail. You might be OK with a spindle oil from J&L or something:
http://www.jlindustrial.com/catalog/product.jsp?id=VHN-60100L

have
put
Terry Keeley wrote:

NSK does have an oil they sell, but after calling the # they gave me, then contacting the 2 distributors they offered, I got nothing but confusion, neither one could find it. I have some Vactra #6 light spindle oil, and will try using that for a bit. I think just about any good light spindle oil should work fine. At least I'm hoping that is the case! So far so good.
--
9/10/2004
9:52 PM [GMT-8]

they