Machinery/mechanicaly inspired furniture

Hello,

Someone else posted a link to this group of pictures in an earlier thread. I was browsing through them and came to this one:

and now I find myself wanting to make something similar. A cursory search didn't reveal any other examples of recycling machinery/engines into furniture. Does anybody have any links to share that show more of this kind of furniture?

-Kris

Reply to
Kris M.

||Hello, || ||Someone else posted a link to this group of pictures in an earlier ||thread. I was browsing through them and came to this one: || ||

I don't have any links, but I do recall several companies that built interesting furniture from Formula 1 castoffs. Primary item was coffee tables made from Cosworth V8 blocks, but there were related pieces from things like tire/wheel combos. Tail wings and nose assemblies from smaller formula cars make interesting wall art/display shelves. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

I've got a coffee/dining table made with an old hydraulic barber chair base. I think the base is of american origins and is a heavy cast unit and beautifully made. Its sculptural unlike a lot of modern stuff. I got it from a friend who had 2 and I added a marble top. At its lowest level its good as a coffee table but you can jack it up to a dining table height and with the top about 1m (39") diameter it is good for 4. Its not assembled at the moment due to decorating but maybe in a couple of weeks i'll place a pic in the dropbox if you want.

Re the table I have seen this > Hello,

Reply to
David Billington

Crikey, I wonder if Gunner saw this one of his bud in D.C.

I really, really want to meet this girl

---------------------------------------------- Never attempt to traverse a chasm in two leaps

Reply to
Larry Jaques