The Most Impressive List Of Inspection Tools Ever!

http://aviontool.com/machine.html
Inspection Equipment
1 Rockwell Tester
1 Optical Comparator Various Inspection Equipment

This seems out of date:
Miscellaneous Equipment:
2 Clausing Drill Press 1 Chicago Drill Press 2 Burgmaster Drill Press 1 Rockwell Magnetic Drill 1 OTC Hudraulic Press: 100 Ton 1 Hyster forklift 4000 LB 1 15 Horse Rotary Air Compressor 1 Cadillac Tracer
Should be updated to include:
Several cheap Chinese Kurt knock off vises.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
http://members.tripod.com/barn_rubble/Insane_lil_jonnie /
barn snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:

I don't know what is sicker, JB's posts or the responses. Something is way pathetic no matter which option you pick. FILTER!
Wes
snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Wes:
    I don't know, JB's tombstone Crystal Pink text was funny, and Barn's dogs doing a number on the tombstone was funny cubed. LMAO!
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

WackyBonckers seems to be confused, trying to prove himself a buffoon instead of a boffin.
Half-Nutz wrote:

HN:
    Boffin, neat word. Had to look that one up. <g>
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
Opps, got my tenses wrong. Let's try it this way:
#119 Careful that the illusion Or being a boffin Doesn't become the delusion Held by a buffoon
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

I say its a tossup.....but really....who cares?
If ya need cnc or cad/cam info....you can get it here. When times are slow and ya need sum meaningless entertainment.....ya can always count on lil jonnie postin sumpin crazy to get the party started. Of course, he never sees the crazy aspect but the rest of us do. That's why he's so much fun. :)
SMILE DUDE !!!! Ya only live once !!
http://members.tripod.com/barn_rubble/Insane_lil_jonnie
Barn
http://aviontool.com/machine.html
Inspection Equipment
1 Rockwell Tester
1 Optical Comparator Various Inspection Equipment
This seems out of date:
Miscellaneous Equipment:
2 Clausing Drill Press 1 Chicago Drill Press 2 Burgmaster Drill Press 1 Rockwell Magnetic Drill 1 OTC Hudraulic Press: 100 Ton 1 Hyster forklift 4000 LB 1 15 Horse Rotary Air Compressor 1 Cadillac Tracer
Should be updated to include:
Several cheap Chinese Kurt knock off vises.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Ah if I had the time I'd setup a cheap Chinese Kurt knock off vise inside a real Kurt & run a 1-1/2" carbide inserted hog mill thru the SOB. - (taking a snap shots at various points). Those spungey feelling POS's. They are only worth 1/3 the price of Kurt anyway, if that! Ever set up a Kurt on it's side wittout being mounted to an angle plate or backing plate? the back jaw flexes like a SOB. It has to be mounted against somthing on the bottom, even though its on its side. I have put 2 kurts on side to hold tall mold plates on edge, gaining around 3" in height. On that setup it does not matter if the jaw flexes, its clamped to the plate first, then to the machine & squared as a 3pc unit.
Oh On topic: All that shit is old crap. get a "smartscope" & a toolmakers microscope with dig. readouts for inspection.
\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM king
jon_banquer wrote:

Jon:
    I see you liked my tombstone post. LOL
    I would have liked the tombstone to have been in the shape of a Kurt Knock-Off vise, and with more room so I could have said "Jon was yanking something out of his bottom drawer when the Cheap Chinese Kurt Knock-Off vise fell off the top of his toolbox and broke he neck"
    But this site doesn't give you much room for text.
http://www.jjchandler.com/tombstone/download.php
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

And yet they still make outstanding parts for companies much larger and more successful than your employer will ever be.
How many Makino horizontals does your shop have, Jon?
[...]

Probably hard to find decent web developers who want to work for peanuts even in this economy.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
jon_banquer wrote:

Jon:
    Probably irrelevant in this case. The site was setup by the "then" office girl's husband. How hard could it be to get in there and make additions.     In any case, most all of Avion's customers came/come from word of mouth, not the web-site.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

How hard could it be to purchase used Kurt vises instead of cheap Chinese Kurt knock off vises.
How hard could it be to purchase some real inspection equipment.
After all it's not like they pay decent wages.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
jon_banquer wrote:

Jon:
    I gave a list of the vises Avion has in a past post. IIRC it was something like 16 or 18 vises with two of them being Chinese.     Nothing ventured, nothing gained - If a more economical product can do the job - why waste money just on a name, eh?
    BTW, did you buy the stainless toolbox?

    I think you're making assumptions in a vacuum.     FYI, a metrology engineer from Boeing came to Avion to check our inspection equipment and processes on some close tolerance parts we were making for them, and he went away satisfied.
    Your pictures are dark and need more light, or a flash bulb. I didn't see it in your pictures, but did your Indi-square come with a granite checking block? And just curious, I thought your parts were small, what would you use an Indi-square for anyway?

    Avion's wage scale is equivalent (or a little better), to other job-shops in the area. With almost free medical (at least it was almost free for me, $8 per week with no dependents), which a lot of job-shops don't offer.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

I don't purchase cheap Chinese crap like the idiot owner of Avion tool does.

I must have learned it from your lying slime ball buddies like John Carroll, Tom Brewer and Joe788 and of course from you.

The one they sell isn't anywhere near as good as the one I own that can easily be seen in the back of the picture I posted. I'll post another picture for retired, blind machinists like yourself living in poverty because they were to stupid to work for a decent wage.

You could have answered that yourself but you chose not to so keep guessing, making ASSumptions and lying like your pals Joe788, John Carroll and Tom Brewer do.

That's what happens when someone chooses to live in a "s" hole. Might as well move to Florida. How much debt does the company I work for have? How many billions of dollars of cash on hand does the company I work for have?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
Thirsty Banquer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKiBdNkNR00

Hungry Banquer