made in usa work boots?

have a look at www.safetytoes.com. their slipp-r is a far superior product. the old wilkuro overshoe hasn't changed since it was launched
in the 1990s and is made of PVC. it's not nearly as attractive to wear as the slipp-r which is made of vulcanized rubber. the site explains all the qualities of this unique new product.
good luck!
lord snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Paddy you are laughable. Safety toes has no certification and their toes will fall out the first time they are dropped from chest height. At least the Wilkuro toes stay where they are put.
Wilkuro Toes are far cheaper to buy and their stylish look fits easily over any shoe.
Wilkuro Toes have evolved immesely over the years and have just recently adopted PVC due to its abilities to withstand many more chemicals than vulcanized rubber. That is why they changed away from rubber products.
Wilkuro Toes are also the only toes with SATRA approval.
Remeber how I said to be wary of knockoffs? I'm sorry friend, but thats what you have there.
Dear Lord,
you don't know what you are talking about. the 'slipp-r' is the most advanced steel toe overshoe on the market. it has been tested by SATRA and complies with OSHA requirements for toe protection up to 100 Joules.
the 'slipp-r' is made of a vulcanised rubber material. it doesn't look like a Wilkuro and has many features over and above providing toe protection. the material used has anti-slip qualities as well as being acid, oil and animal fat resistant.
the design of the 'slipp-r' is unique for which there is a patent pending. it is a 'top-of-the-line' product which can truly claim to have evolved. it was created after many years of experience selling safety toe overshoes and customer feedback.
unlike PVC, this material will not stiffen, crack or change in any way in cold temperatures. it is exteremly hard to tear or cut. Wilkuro? have you ever seen a PVC car tire?
the 'slipp-r' has material thickness from 4.5 mm to 6.9 mm. Wilkuro? minimum required is 2.5mm
the resistance to abrasion is measured at Density 0.9 g/ml, Volume loss 84mm3. Wilkuro? minimum required Density 0.9 g/ml, Volume loss less than 250mm3
the tear strength of the material is measured at 13.8kN. Wilkuro? minimum required equal to or greater than 5kN
the extension at break is measured as 780%. Wilkuro? minimum required 250%
the flex resistance is measured as cut growth of only .1mm. Wilkuro? minimum required Cut growth equal to or less than 4.0mm
resistance to Fuel is measured at 0.6% hardness 0 IRHD. Wilkuro? minimum required equal to or less than 12%
what is true is that PVC is cheap, resistant to some chemicals and that the owners of the Wilkuro have been trying to spread the malicious falsehood that the steel toecap in the 'slipp-r' "will fall out the first time they are dropped from chest height".
(in fact, your phrase looks exactly like it came directly from them. maybe you are one of the owners?)
however, unlike the Wilkuro, the steel toecap is an integral part of the 'slipp-r'. it is manufactured with the steel toecap completely enveloped by the vulcanised rubber material. you may know that rubber-based products have superior grip qualities. this is why it is such a popular material for safety footwear. (ask yourself this, have you ever seen a "PVC Safety Boot"?)
anyway, I'm all for competition but when you have to hide the facts from your customers and resort to false claims then that is a good indication that you aren't too confident anymore. the Wilkuro is a cheap safety toe overshoe that when compared with other products that do the same job, and better, becomes an expensive one.
I would worry if I was told to buy a rubber steel toecap overshoe and bought a Wilkuro.
you are right about one thing though - the Wilkuro is "cheaper". But, only in the material used. PVC is a much cheaper material compared to any rubber-based product. the 'slipp-r' sells for a lot less than a Wilkuro.
(even the ACTON product, which is exactly like the Wilkuro, is made of rubber. they were smart.)
many have asked if we are "crazy" to sell at our prices when the slipp-r is such a superior product. we tell them, "no, not crazy, just not greedy".
maybe you would like to present some actual facts in your next post? however, I would not be surprised once you have seen the SATRA test results for the slipp-r that you will be unable to respond. no worries, you're not the first to be mistaken about these things.
maybe you would like to join me at the safetytoes blogg? http://safetytoes.blogspot.com
cheers, mister safetytoes.
merry Christmas and a happy new year.
lord snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

On 21 Dec 2006 14:06:32 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

<snip advertorial>
Why only 100Joules. My walk around the office shoes have 200Joule toecaps in them. as do my workshop boots and my gardening shoes.
Mark Rand (I don't own any shoes without steel toecaps) RTFM
Mark,
good question - at first I had trouble with this one myself.
OSHA, and other safety in the workplace governing bodies, limit the claim a manufacturer can make regardless of the attributes of components in safety footwear.
in the case of the steel toecap in the slipp-r, even though it is rated and tested for a 200 Joules impact, we are limited to claim that it is good up to 100 Joules only.
the level of toe protection required by OSHA in the workplace differs considerably. in the case of a light manufacture situation, or a visitor to a manufacturing facility, the minimum toe protection is 100 Joules. a slipp-r is approved footwear.
on a construction site, while a 100 Joules toecap might suffice, it is worthless if there is no nail penetration sole protection. in that case a slipp-r will not do.
so, even though our steel toecaps are rated and tested for toe protection up to 200 Joules, we cannot claim it for our product as it could mislead. given that we are providing a safety product that affords toe protection in certain situations only (up to 100 Joules), this is very understandable. when it was explained top me I readily accepted.
the situation in the home is another matter. that's where I really am trying to make inroads. do you remember when we used to protect our shoes years ago with galoshes? I'm hoping that the slipp-r will be adopted to provide 200 Joules toe protection for the many home and garden situations where our toes are way more valuable than a pair of shoes. the slipp-r's unique design can truly accomodate all types of outer sole shapes (flat or heel) and being made of a rubber-based material it has many uses beyond the obvious toe protection. it is truly the easiest steel toe overshoe to slip on and slip off. it is extremely well made and will not tear easily. it can be worn in cold climates since the material used will not stiffen, crack or split. being of a flat soled rubber-based design, it has anti-slip qualities and is easy to use on many of the situations one finds in the home or garden. naturally, it can be used as a simple galosh that keeps the mud off your shoes and out of your house.
great for gardeners.
not everybody can afford safety boots for the home. the slipp-r is changing all that with its exciting low retail price point.
cheers
Mark Rand wrote:

I find it strange how you seem to understand how you are only allowed to claim 100 joules but you can't seem to understand the need to make minimum thresholds for quality control.
I imagine any item that doesn't meet their own minimum specs would not be acceptable for sale, but I do not make their policies. No I do not work for them. My company is an end user.
As for all of the reasons they decided to go to PVC, I cannot tell you. All I can see is what is listed on the site. You can look at an easy comparison Wilkuro had produced displaying rubber compared to PVC. It is on their website. Sure every change has a few drawbacks as you have pointed out, but "192% better performance" sounds like a really good reason to me.
http://www.wilkuro.com/Library/chemresistance.pdf
I seem to remember in my early investigations of alternatives seeing something remarkably similar on your web site. Why would you remove a useful table like this?
Quote:

Actually, I was among the first to hear of this. I ordered a number of Slipp-r to try out. I did the test myself. I could not believe it until I tried it. I think I have another set around here somewhere. I think my secretary threw them out. If I can find them I'll record it and put it on You-Tube and link back to here.
Quote:

<Audible scratching head sound> If Acton is made of rubber, then aren't they more similar to other rubber products than to PVC products? Just asking.
Acton is not the only other company with a cheap knockoff either. Tingly has one as well. None of them stand up in my shop compared to the Wilkuro.
Quote:

I am curious why you only have a European agency and OHSA approval. It seems that Wilkuro has both of these as well as ANSI and ASTM international. Why do you not have these certifications as well? Could it be because your company is only about a year old and you could easily dissolve it without notice?
I have informed Wilkuro of this thread. I hope they will take the time to come forward and make an official statement. I imagine most people will see through your advertorial as Mark so aptly named it, and research the facts for them selves.
You know, A few things have been playin on my mind about this posting. I really want to address these as well:
On Dec 21 2006, 5:06 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

One of the benifits to a small overshoe is that it is not overburndeningly heavy. Extra thickness produces extra weight. I would rather not have heavier shoes when the lighter ones do just fine. Executives touring my shop grumble enough about putting anything over their shiney dress shoes, but safety is safety. No-one comes in without toe protection. A heavier shoe would just make them complain more.

I have no idea what this means to me. Do the shoes wear out? Well yeah everything does. Do they last a long time? You bet. I'm curious why you are measuring your test result to a minimum requirement spec.

5kN. That is an awful lot of pressure - about 1100 lbs pressure. If you have something pulling on your shoe with 1100 lbs pressure I personally would REALLY REALLY like it to break. Seriously, what other than a powerful machine would exert that pressure? So if your boots get snagged in machinery are you saying it will suck your leg in? That doesn't sound safe to me. The guys in my shop are not allowed to wear anything loose or any jewlery because if it gets caught in a machine it will take the limb before it breaks. This is an important consideration.

Ok. Same deal here - minimum spec to test measurement. Can you imagine a boot 2.5X the size of one that fits? Besides, if the boot can stretch that much doesn't it make a hazard when it recoils? I can see a shoe sized rubber band snapping and the steel toe smacking someone in the face. That doesn't sound safe to me.

Measured versus minimum spec. Tell me. Do you even have minimum spec for quality control?

Seriously. If you have an executive touring your shop and he walks into a big pool of fuel then you are going to have a lot bigger problems than replacing your steel toes. Like how about replacing your employment? My shop does not practice leaving fuel or oil spills out on the floor especially when we have a tour coming through. Besides of all the chemicals the PVC is tested to show better results than rubber.
I think I addressed the rest already.
On 28 Jan 2007 08:46:55 -0800, lord snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I was in a shop a couple weeks ago, applying for a part time maint. position. Seems the regular maint guy was wearing a pair of gloves while running a Southbend 13. He may..may get the use of most of his fingers back, except for the two that were torn completly off. But the multiple fractures between his hand and his elbow should heal nicely over time.
Plain jane leather and canvas back work gloves. Looked like they had been played with by a pit bull. Those tall reversable chuck jaws sure do stick up high.....
Gunner
"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her tits" John Griffin
Bob,
no problem I'll respond to your post as soon as I can assemble my comments and arrange the time. it's such a pity you can't get your friends at Wilkuro to post the test results for the PVC sfetytoes they sell. I'm impressed with your loyalty to their product (you wrote the first info-mmercial) but the facts will speak for themselves.
Mister Safetytoes
ps did you really throw your keys at the receptionist?
On Jan 28, 11:46 am, lord snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Mr. Safetytoes,
I don't understand "friends at Wilkuro" They are not friends, simply suppliers of a product that allows me to check off the box next to 'all persons wearing steel toes in the workshop'.
I did not write an infomercial. I was informing them of a product. One that I researched pretty heavily and came to a clear conclusion. All the boots I looked at were in the same ball park for price. One stood out as far as quality. One showed manufacturing defects. Unfortunately your safetytoes was clearly inferior in my research which included purchasing a number of samples of each.
I don't understand what you mean about throwing my keys. I am not in the habit of throwing my keys. My department does not have a receptionist. I have a secretary, but she mostly handles tracking and purchasing. The receptionist is in the sales department. Please elaborate.
Bob
On Jan 29, 6:30 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

Mr. Safetytoes,
I don't understand "friends at Wilkuro" They are not friends, simply suppliers of a product that allows me to check off the box next to 'all persons wearing steel toes in the workshop'.
I did not write an infomercial. I was informing the people of this fine forum of a product. One that I researched pretty heavily and came to a clear conclusion. All the boots I looked at were in the same ball park for price. One stood out as far as quality. One showed manufacturing defects. Unfortunately your safetytoes was clearly inferior in my research which included purchasing a number of samples of each.
I don't understand what you mean about throwing my keys. I am not in the habit of throwing my keys. My department does not have a receptionist. I have a secretary, but she mostly handles tracking and purchasing. The receptionist is in the sales department. Please elaborate.
On Jan 29, 6:30 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

Bob,
did you not stay at the Glengrove Suites when they moved you from Vancouver?
Mister Safetytoes
On Jan 30, 12:50 pm, lord snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Whoa... Am I being followed?
Oh you must have read my review of the worst hotel I have ever seen that I posted on Tripadvisor.com. No I didn't throw them at the receptionist. I threw them on the front desk. I have stayed at a nicer hotel in Mexico that was rated at 2 star.
In hindsite I should have thrown them at the receptionist. Then I should have called the police. They turned off the heat to my room because I complained about the peeling wallpaper, shattered tiles, malfunctioning toilet and many more. As far as I know it is illegal to turn off the heat to a suite in March in Toronto. I can't recall exactly, but I think it was 2C or -2C in the room when I finally left.
That hotel should be demolished and the manager put in jail. I just wished I checked tripadvisor BEFORE I booked the room. Here's a case where I didn't do enough research and really got burned.
I ended up staying at the Minto Suites for the next few months. That is a nice condo. They have a few suites that are for medium term rent and it is right on the subway line. It has a pool, weight room, computer room stocked with tenant use computers, lounge, free local calls, free internet services etc. It was even about $10 less per night when you consider how much the Glen Grove overchaged.... The Minto Suites compares to Glengrove as Wilkuro compares to your product.
Not really on topic though. Did this have a point?
On Jan 30, 6:02 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

[...]
No I take that back. Your not as bad as they were. As far as I know your not actually doing something illegal. Your pretending to be something far better than you are, but I don't know if you could be arrested for that. However I can still picture a big shoe sized rubber band being stretched out to 7 ft long, snapping and winging a poorly installed toe cap at someone. I'm sure that could do as much damage to kill someone as attempting to sleep in a sub-zero room. Hm...
Not really on topic though. Did this have a point?
On Jan 30, 6:02 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

"Whoa... Am I being followed? "
Bob,
not at all. I know the guys at the Glengrove. there are always two sides to any story. something you have a problem accepting. you do come across as a 'hot head' though.
it's obvious that you are determined to slander the product I invented, even at the expense of your own personal credibility. any reasonable person reviewing the objective test results would agree with me that the Slipp-R has many exceptional qualities yet you continue to post stupid remarks about it. why would you be so passionate about that?
your absurd imagery is more akin to a kid's fantasy game than somebody worthy of a corporate transfer.
I wonder if your employer and work colleagues will be impressed with the time you have taken to castigate the Slipp-R?
Mister Safetytoes
On Jan 31, 9:39 am, lord snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

That doesn't supprise me. A lot of crooks know each other.
I'm sorry that I see through your scam. And if posting reviews makes me a hot head then so be it. You actually might have a point if I only wrote poor reviews. There are several hotels that I stay at that do not disgust me. You can find thier reviews too.
I'm not determined to slander anything. I wrote a review which you intend to discredit. I stand behind my findings. At worst these are my oppinion. Besides smart guy, even if I was saying any more than my opinion it would be 'libel' not 'slander'.
So fact is, I don't like your product. We can agree on that. In your opinion, now that makes me: 1) slanderous 2) hotheaded 3) stupid 4) passionate 5) fantisizing 6) unworthy of corporate transfer, and 7) about to be extorted to recall my remarks.
Wow. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways. With such comments like that I can see the true value of your customer service. Please! Take my orders now! Save me from my burden of not having inferior products in my shop!
This discussion is over. You will never see another order from me or anyone else in my company.
On Jan 31, 9:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

That doesn't supprise me. A lot of crooks know each other.
I'm sorry that I see through your scam. And if posting reviews makes me a hot head then so be it. You actually might have a point if I only wrote poor reviews. There are several hotels that I stay at that do not disgust me. You can find my other reviews too.
I'm not determined to slander anything. I wrote a review which you intend to discredit. I stand behind my findings. At worst these are my oppinion. Besides smart guy, even if I was saying any more than my opinion it would be 'libel' not 'slander'.
So fact is, I don't like your product. We can agree on that. In your opinion, now that makes me: 1) slanderous 2) hotheaded 3) stupid 4) passionate 5) fantisizing 6) unworthy of corporate transfer, and 7) about to be extorted to recall my remarks.
Wow. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways. With such comments like that I can see the true value of your customer service. Please! Take my orders now! Save me from my burden of not having inferior products in my shop!
This discussion is over. You have made it very clear that you do not want to dicuss the topic but rather sling mud at me. You will never see another order from me or anyone else in my company.
Have a great life.
On Jan 31, 9:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote:

On Feb 1, 8:58 am, lord snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Bob,
you wrote a lot of malicious crap about my product which I intend to take up with your employer since they would appear to have paid you to do this. I don't mind if the product isn't suitable for your situation but to see you take the time to slander it is not something I'm sure your employer will condone. this is not "my opinion" - you have been irresponsible in your behaviour as I have indicated.
on top of this I will post my response to your comments about the Slipp-R.
Mister Safetytoes
Be my guest. Contact my employer and I'll sue you for harrassment.
I slandered nothing. It's not slander if its true and its not slander if its written. Quit being such a turd burgler and jump off a bridge.
You need to work on your customer service skills.
In fact I have been far more responsible than you will ever be. You sell crap and I am taking the time to see the world is aware of it if they look. Your product is a ripoff. I should have send them back to get the money back, but in my opinion that would have been a worthless endevor.
You spent a lot of time and money to find out who I am. I'll wait to hear from my lawyer. If I hear from anyone else you will hear from mine.
I will no longer monitor this channel. Say whatever you wish from here forward.
PS. My name isn't Bob.

Quite the contrary. If it is said OR written for the purpose of injuring another party, it is slander.
LLoyd