Making boat trailer guides

I have a 21 foot, very HEAVY, 21 year old old 20 foot boat Celebrity 210.

I often go boating on a local river and retrieving the boat is a HUGE PAIN due to strong cross current.

I bought some PVC Fulton guides, which were a total pain and completely worthless.

I would like to make my own boat guides, preferably from regular water pipe (say 2" pipe).

I can make them from straight sections, that would have to attach to the 2x4" rectangular galvanized frame, and slope at the rate of 1/3, that is: for 38 inches of rise, they would have to move away from the bottom by about 12 inches.

It should be relatively straightforward, except that I am not sure how to attach the pipe to the frame with a 30 degree angle.

I do not have access to a welding machine.

Any suggestions?

Ignoramus32489

Cut the pieces you need and then take the trailer to a welding shop for final assembly.

rusty redcloud

Reply to
Red Cloud©

I believe you can buy 30 deg elbows.

Reply to
IBNFSHN

Maybe make a "cradle" type structure with the pipe/elbows threaded together (maybe you have a buddy that's a plumber?) to match your trailer width, and bolt that (Ubolts) to the trailer.

pipe (say 2" pipe).

Reply to
Bowgus

I have an aluminum girder trailer. I drilled some holes in the alumunum, got some hard nylon gaskets and attached the usual uprights and brackets with stainless steel hardware. The plastic gaskets isolate the aluminum from the stainless steel. Four years of frequent salt water dunks and no corrosion or rust at these fittings.

Reply to
SoFarrell

Yes, 30 degree galvanized elbows, which will be threaded on each end, and floor flanges or scutcheons, already drilled to bolt to the frame. Thread the elbows in and work upwards from there.

Reply to
Grady