marking how made dials

I need to mark some dials for a end mill grinder that i'm building. Does
anyone know where I could find plans to build such a tool to mark dials
graduations?
Reply to
Curtis Purdy
Pete C.
If you have access to a CAD program, you can draw and print it full size.
Reply to
Grumpy
This is one place where you MIGHT spend dozens of hours per dial on a part that can be bought for a few dollars and will be more readable purchased with laser etching on black anodize.

and a few dealers including MSC sell them
not to say that etching and stamping your own might not work out fine but i think it might be easier to buy the dial as a dial.
Just a suggestion
Brent Ottawa Canada
Reply to
Brent
Thanks Pete.
What I'm looking for is a neat little hand engraver that I see on here that which mounts on the lathe or the milling table . You mount you blank dial in a index holder which allows you to turn it and the manual device scribes the graduations on it. I can't remember where I see on here. CP.
Reply to
Curtis Purdy
I've seen that before. Maybe somewhere in Model Engineer or such. But it isn't *that* complicated that you need a plan. :-) Just grind a sharp tool bit (similar like for thread cutting, just pointy) and clamp it in the toolpost with the edge pointing to the left (or right). Then you can "engrave" the lines with the top slide.
Nick
Reply to
Nick Mueller