marking how made dials

I need to mark some dials for a end mill grinder that i'm building. Does anyone know where I could find plans to build such a tool to mark dials graduations?

Reply to
Curtis Purdy

Pete C.

If you have access to a CAD program, you can draw and print it full size.

Reply to
Grumpy

This is one place where you MIGHT spend dozens of hours per dial on a part that can be bought for a few dollars and will be more readable purchased with laser etching on black anodize.

and a few dealers including MSC sell them

not to say that etching and stamping your own might not work out fine but i think it might be easier to buy the dial as a dial.

Just a suggestion

Brent Ottawa Canada

Reply to
Brent

Thanks Pete.

What I'm look>>

Reply to
Curtis Purdy

I've seen that before. Maybe somewhere in Model Engineer or such. But it isn't *that* complicated that you need a plan. :-) Just grind a sharp tool bit (similar like for thread cutting, just pointy) and clamp it in the toolpost with the edge pointing to the left (or right). Then you can "engrave" the lines with the top slide.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller