Maybe I forgot to mention this

I quit my job a while ago and am no longer working for anyone.
Ignoramus8740
At least you now have a great boss!
Reply to
Tom Gardner
Congratulations and good luck.
Best Regards Tom.
Reply to
azotic
I took that step 20 years ago now.
I can see you have the skills and passion to succeed. Good Luck.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
Congratulations and good luck. Karl
Reply to
kfvorwerk
Great point!
Ignoramus22766
Thanks. Lately, the job was such a hindrance.
Reply to
Ignoramus22766
Correction:
Now you're working 24/7 for your customers. There are no tougher bosses than that.
G'luck, PaulS
Reply to
PaulS
Goodonya, mate. Well done.
-- That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met, you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King
Reply to
Larry Jaques
BOY, wish I could do the same. But, with 6 kids (2 in college) I can't give up the benefits package just yet.
Jon
Reply to
Jon Elson
Thanks.
I acquired someone's machine shop today.
Cincinnati mono set T&C grinder with very many collets, a bunch of tooling for same, 612 surface grinder, Wilton bullet vise looks like 3.5", dust collector, rotary magnetic chuck with variable speed, 5C collet set, boxes and boxes and boxes of tooling and diamond grinding wheels, various miscellaneous, compressor etc.
I am moving all of this tomorrow with my guy.
Ignoramus22978
When is payday? ;)
Wes
PS
Good Luck!
Reply to
Wes
Every day is payday when you work for yourself. Caveat spendor.
-- That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met, you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King
Reply to
Larry Jaques
A MONOSET! Most folks don't know this one. If you're going to have one T&C grinder, this is the one. Cinnci farmed production out to Tiawan and i have this clone. It can make any custom cutter you can dream up.
Anybody looking for a T&C grinder should make friends with Iggy real quick.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
That monoset comes with a BOATLOAD of accessories, too. Have you figured out how to use yours?
I am selling Cincinnati #2's and I want $500 for each.
Ignoramus1493
Gunner, I think that this is true for a service business, like what you do for your CNC business customers (aside from your horse trading).
I think that it is a lot less true for what I do, which is buying and selling industrial equipment. A guy who buys a set of Mitutoyo gage blocks from me on ebay, really is not my boss in any sense of the word, usually I do not even talk to most of my buyers. They buy, they pay, I ship, done deal.
Ignoramus1493
I'm certainly not a master, but I've resharped a lot of stuff and made several custom cutters. The tooling is worth more than the machine. When/if you get the tooling all photographed, send me a link.
I'll be in the windy city early Friday after Thankgiving. Do you open early for black Friday deals?
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
Yep, I will be around at about 9am.
Ignoramus1493
Gunner Asch on Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:24:43 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
"I work for myself, but the boss is an asshole. I'd quit, but the whole place would fall apart if I wasn't there. The worse part though, is when I call in to take a sick day - I know I'm lieing to myself."
tschus pyotr
Reply to
pyotr filipivich