Ok... When I first used ME consultant I got numbers that didn't make any sense or if I plugged things in came up with numbers I knew would crash or break cutters. Now that I have a little more experience under my belt I realize I must just have been missing something. Its actually pretty good. With flood lubricant I can easily run the numbers it comes up with, and I can experiment with plunge vs feed for total material removal (over lapsed time). Heck even for dry cutting I just adjust down about 25% off the numbers and its fine. I haven't a clue why I got garbage before, but its been spot on for me lately. Its an old piece of software, and I wish it had compensation for ball VS square end mills (balls cut on more surface for the same diameter), and it had compensation for dry vs lubed, but now that I'm starting to get a clue what I am doing it isn't bad.
With the flood I have been able to run any numbers it came up with easily, and in some cases can run more aggressive if I take into account how I plunge to depth (speed/ramp/spiral/etc). I do like the way it tells you how much HP it uses for a particular cut too. This lets me know if a cut just isn't possible with my 1HP router spindle machines, (don't even come close with most small cutters).