Mediaeval Craft & Modern Amateur 1923 Art Nouveau FA

Mediaeval Craftsmanship & the Modern Amateur,More particularly with Reference to Metal & Enamel 1923 by Newton Wethered In buff coloured boards.Front board had some staing,some red ink to top edge of first pages,but does not extend on to pages or text.Otherwise is good condition I believe this book is aimed at the Art Nouveau or Arts & Crafts craftsman/designer ,as most of it is concerned with design of these styles(see scans). A very rare book to my mind. A good deal on the design in general,but mostly a hands on ,how to do it manual.

Some headings:- The Joining of metals / On enamelling:- Preparing the enamel,Cloisonne,Preparing a plaque,Grisaille,Plique a Jour etc./ Manipulation of sheet metal / on Lustre / Etruscan grain work in gold / Niello & some trivialities,Foil impressions,Casting in metal ,Gesso etc.

evans_susie