Metal Content - GOLD

While surfing eBay I ran into this machine auction:

Seems like the seller is a confirmed "Trekie", but he does have a link
on the eBay auction page to a rather interesting web page with lots of
historical facts and much data about the properties of gold:

Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Wisnia
That auction violates the Prime Directive. :)
Jon
Reply to
Jon Danniken
On the suspected origins of gold:

David Merrill
Reply to
David Merrill
I'm not sure if his auction violates the Prime Directive, but the graphics employed on his website certainly do!
The horizontal scrolling, the blinking in the text background, and his choice of background/text color makes the site frustrating to try and read.
Harry C.
Reply to
hhc314
Gold is just another semi-heavy metal, so I'm not really concerned about its origins.
What interest me most is where the large placier deposits of gold released by the erosion of gold containing mountains formations are likely to exist today. A bit of elementary physics helps to provide a clue.
Harry C.
Reply to
hhc314