Metal content- making pierced tin lanterns

This shows how a more or less simple thing can become a big deal.

Pete Stanaitis

---------------

Reply to
spaco

Great story, Pete. As I read, I began to wonder about the internal heat, and then you went on to discuss the problem and the solution.

Thanks.

Paul

Reply to
KD7HB

I wonder if one of the steps in the process originally was to soot up the interior of the tin for the same reason as the black paint?

Reply to
Steve W.

If it was indeed just used as candle transport to keep the candle from blowing out, the reflected heat probably was a benefit.

Reply to
Pete C.

I was wondering about a modification to contain the wax like a votive candle in a little glass holder that goes above the sides of the candle. Heck a socket to hold a votive candle holder might be just the ticket.

You notice those little candles are about 1/3 smaller than they used to be?

Reply to
Bob La Londe