Metal for backhoe

In the process of designing a backhoe for my Bobcat. What metal is suggested for the booms and the frame? As always there will be a trade off between price, weight and strength. Would appreciate input from those in the know. Digging depth about 11 feet, design similar to a Bradco 611. Would also buy the same if I could find a used one at a used price ( cheap )

Rick

Reply to
RJ

are u doing the scoop you have to sit in the skid steer seat to move, or a more real backhoe attachment??? check ebay. you can get them used cheaper then you can build them for.

Reply to
Doug