Metal stock supplier in New Zealand

Hi,

I've just got into metalworking on a metal lathe, but i'm not sure where to buy Stainless steel rod and aluminium rod from in New Zealand.

Can anyone help??

:-)

Reply to
Tim B

North Island? South Island?

Dan Caster Bainbridge Island

Reply to
dcaster

Ever heard of the Yellow Pages?

Reply to
Tom

Where dfo you live? NZF in Christchurch, Stainless Alloys in Auckland. Ullrich Aluminium. Depends on what you want and how much. Geoff

Reply to
geoff m

I live in Auckland.

Just small amounts, i'm not really sure what I need at this stage, i'm still just learning the basics.

Maybe around 500mm length of 10mm 303 / 304 steel.

And around 500mm length of 20mm 6061 alloy.

I'm not sure what sizes are available.

I guess? this amount would probably keep me going for a while!

Reply to
Tim B

I use Papakura Engineering for my usual engineering steel supplies. They stock those sizes, and cut to length. If you need 4m, then buy the full 6m length, as it is the same price. Stainless Alloys in Easta Tamaki (Harris or Springs Road) sell SS by the metre as well. Mico Metals is another one (in Onehunga), although I don't know if they sell small bits. There doesn't seem to be anyone who sells short ends or second hand steel in Auckland. Geoff

Reply to
geoff m

Thanks!!

:-)