metalworking

Any other site is available to know the details of metal working?

Reply to
gunas.india

First: this is not a site. This is a USENET newsgroup, which Google aliases to make it appear to be a site.

Second: if you use a real newsreader, you can filter out all the political crap (which, if you're really in India, isn't even _your_ political crap, so I can see how it'll be doubly irritating).

Third: Maybe, but if you ask an actual metalworking question here, you'll generally get a helpful answer.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

First : Who are you? Second : What is problem with you? Third : Do u think am I joker? I think you are a idiot. Fourth : I ask seriously to know the best answers for this question. If u have knowledge tell me the answers Otherwise, Shutup your mouth. Why waste the time me and your time also? Fifth : First do your work and no need to type nonsense like this.

Reply to
Guna Sekar

First : I am asking you that "is this is a site?" If I am asking like this you can answer my question that "This is not a site" Second : What is problem with you? Are you crack? Or Psycho? Third : Do u think am I joker? I think you are a idiot. Fourth : I ask seriously to know the best answers for this question. If you have knowledge tell me the answers otherwise, shut your bloody mouth. Why waste the time me and your time also? Fifth : First do your work and no need to type nonsense like this. Sixth : Why are you making comedy scene by typing this useless.

Reply to
Guna Sekar

Other site? That would imply this is a site.

Please restate the question.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Despite close competition Tim gets this week's prize for most hostile response to a civil reply.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I agree with you brother. He is capable to get this week's prize for most hostile response to a civil reply. I could not response like this nonsense and waste reply.

Reply to
Guna Sekar

You are full of nonsense, Goggle Groper. PLONK!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Guna Sekar" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com...

Listen closely, guna sekar, you are the one posting the hostile replies to a civil answer. You got it backward. In this case, you deserve jon boy to 'help' you.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

If you google for "metalworking sites" you will get approximately

7,600,000 hits in 0.3 seconds.

Isn't that enough information to keep you occupied for a while?

Reply to
John B.

Perhaps your signature block that reads "Anyone wanting to run for any political office in the US should have to have a DD214, and a honorable discharge" should be amended to read

"Anyone wanting to run for any political office in the US should have to have a DD214, showing time spent in a combat zone, and a honorable discharge."

Serving in the peace time military is just like any other civil service job, with short hair.

Reply to
John B.

I was told that I was on my way to a base in Vietnam in 1973, but they were changed to a remote cold weather research base that had people begging to go back to Vietnam due to the extreme sub zero temperatures.

Like others, I served where I was sent. I did my assigned work without complaints and received a letter of commendation from a two star general for it.

The base I was supposed to go to in Vietnam was overrun right after I was due to arrive, and the site I was to work at was shot up, with all the engineers being killed.

Perhaps you should learn how to spell your name, rather than making lame attempts at insulting people?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Participate of go away you tosser. LOL.

Reply to
Kennedy

----------snip dumbassery------

In addition to the education you are seeking, you should know about the use of "plink" "plunk" and other similar expressions used here. They all mean the person posting the "plink" has set their software to ignore any future postings you may make.

Now you know.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

Yes, I didn't realize I'd been ambiguous until I read it back online.

Despite close competition Tim gets this week's prize for -receiving- the most hostile response to -his- civil reply.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Be real. I know people who were told that they would be pilots and ended up as cooks.

As for cold weather, I worked with a bloke who had spent three consecutive years on the South Pole ice cap, where the lowest recorded temperature is -117 degrees (F). Strange he didn't brag about that.

You served where you were sent? So what? So did every other member of the Armed Services. That is hardly an accomplishment, in fact refusing to serve where you are told to is a punishable action.

You, "did my assigned work without complaints and received a letter of commendation for it."

It is difficult to believe that the Army issues letters of commendation simply for doing one's assigned work and not bitching about it. But if you say so, I'll accept it.

My only comment is that during my military career, in the Air Force, I never received an accommodation for doing my assigned job although I did get a couple for doing what they termed "Action over and above..."

But, as you weren't there that has nothing to do with you, does it.

When I returned to the States after serving in Vietnam the first TV news I saw showed fighting in the streets of Nha Trang less than a block from where I had lived....But I don't run about posting that on Usenet as it had nothing to do with me.

As of 31 December 2013, 1,369,532 people were on active duty in the armed forces and something like 40 million have served in the U.S. military since it originated.

And this fact alone should qualified one for elected office?

Spelling? My God! You USians elected a guy that couldn't hardly speak English as president for two terms and you complain about spelling.

Reply to
John B.

Yawn.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He said that he is Tim Wescott, and I have no reason to believe otherwise. FWIW, I am Donald Nichols.

He is correct -- this is *not* a "site" -- it is a Usenet Newsgroup which Google absorbs and calls a "Google Group" even though they are a tiny portion of the group in reality.

No -- he probably thinks that you are confused by the way Google presents this newsgroup, and is giving you useful information about it.

He is trying to correct your mistaken opinion about the Usenet Newsgroup "rec.crafts.metalworking", which is where *I* am seeing what you post.

I don't know about *his* work, but I am retired, so this is my work as much as anything else that I do. :-)

So -- please listen to us and possibly benefit -- or please go away -- your choice.

And -- if you stick around just to argue, you will be addeded to my newsreaders "killfile", so I will not need to see what you post in the future.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

That's "USAtians", and "could hardly", Jp. I wonder which Prez he was talking about. The one which didn't know what "is" is, or the one who wondered about large numbers?

I wonder if he knows about the brilliant Demonrats like Pelosi, who said "We need to pass this bill to find out what's in it..."

Larry Jaques

HTH

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT