Any EDUCATED guess on the weight of this printing press?

Bought this in auction today and wondering, how much does it weigh. Any idea?
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid@07&aid 350&lid 099654&rfpb=0
This is a huge machine, bigger than a semi truck.
Also, if someone has any idea what usable things I can salvage from it, I will also appreciate that. Thanks a lot.

I have a friend who's in the printing business. I'll ask.
Lloyd
On 2014-06-13, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

Lloyd, it would be awesome, thanks a lot!

I've asked. He normally takes a day or two to answer.
Lloyd
099654&rfpb=0

Lots of cams,gears and rubber rollers. The parts might be metric if that press was made in germany. Looks like that press was made in stations, think 7 printing presses tied end to end. The side frames will be thick castings 1" or better and the cylinders will be heavy. I would gestamate 10K per section. So somewhere in the neighborhood 70 to 100k pounds. The ones i worked on were mostly made off cast iron.
Best Regards Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Thanks. I am trying to get some info on this. I will let you guys know how it worked out in the end.

Just curious, do you go to the work to sell prepared cast and steel? or just haul it in any way possible?
Karl

Usually I do not try that. The labor is not worth the $10-20 difference in price per ton.
I just went to the printing place where this machine is. I saw it again.
It is huge.
I estimate that it weighs 32,000-36,000 per section.
This is not just my guess, I also got some educated opinions.

Any ideas on how much time it will take to dismantle that beast?
Best Regards Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

FWIW, according to on-line specs, it's easily separated into individual stations.
Lloyd
On 2014-06-13, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

And the sections weigh over 30,000 lbs each.

So? That's manageable! You've got the truck and a lift that will handle them onesies, right?
LLoyd
On 2014-06-13, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

Truck yes.
Lifts, I have two 15,000 lb forklifts.
I will have to see if I can somehow split the sections.

heh! I guess that limits "salvaging". BIG saw, right down the middle!
<G> Lloyd
On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 16:23:31 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

Ig can call ol' Hackman at Lenox. Let's see if he can cut one of _those_ in half with just one blade.
--
There is s no such thing as a hyphenated American who is

are a people, and not a polyglot boarding house.

That could get messy and labor intensive. Removing the sections intact would be the way to go. Maybe get some machine scates and drag the sections outside then place them on your truck with your two fork lifts. Do you have extra counter weights to place on the back of the fork lifts?
Best Regards Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

The sections are mounted on raised concrete pads, they will not skate safely.
I have very nice counterweights.
Are the big roller drums on the lower part, solid or hollow?

hollow (but thick-walled to prevent distortions... probably 1" or more) L

They cylinders were hollow.
Maybe you could lower onto some scates with some enerpac low profile cylinders, or fabricate a cradle using hydraulics for lifting and solid rods for the wheels. How far is the exit and loading dock? Can you get at the press with you fork lifts?
Best Regards Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

I can drive a forklift between the concrete pads (which support the sides of the press).
The press supposedly comes apart.