metalworking

PrecisionmachinisT

4564

He typed nonsense and answering childish like Tim Wescott.

He thinks that he answered like intelligent?????????? Very unfair. He answered rubbish. He said He is Tim Wescott. Then why are y ou asking that Who are you? I know very well he is a Tim Wescott. Even though, I know his name, I asked who are you? So, What is the meaning for this. If this person has general knowledge, def initely know why I am asking like this? I am asking like this because, Tim Wescott has no right to type this nonsen se. That's why I am asking who are you. You are not my friend, you are not my well fisher. Eventhough, even I dont know who are you?, So, Why are you typing like this nonsense. So, that's why asking like this. Finally, This person has not a common knowledge and general knowledge. They both are confirming again and again best idiot in this world.

Reply to
Guna Sekar

Wow. You asked a perfectly reasonable question, and Tim gave you a perfectly reasonable answer. Then you jumped all into his shit. You need a course in good manners, as well as a better understanding of conversational English - as it is actually practised.

You also owe Tim an apology.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Gandalf

OK, I'm gonna be civil, at least this time. What did Tim write that was so outrageous? The way his reply read to me was that he was offering more complete advice to someone who must have come from Google's lousy site. Tim's advice seemed to be spot-on, if read by someone who didn't have a big chip on his shoulder (or whatever).

You do understand that I was replying to Gunas, right? And, yeah, he prolly doesn't *owe* any apology, but his reply to Tim was off the chart in hostility. I would give him a second chance since he may have poor English skills, but ultimately it's up to him to understand the finer points of conversing in any given social situation.

I generally go for ignoring perceived insults initially. This helps to piss off anyone who was looking to offend, as well as to allow them to really show their ass, if an ass is what they truly are.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Gandalf

You're right, because recreational hobbyist metalworking is very practical at the level industry passed through a century ago. Some of the prototype work I did required hand scraping and filing appropriate to two centuries ago.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Actually, Tim offered a good suggestion: post here. Despite the painful & useless political bullshit, there remains a lot of good metalworking advice here. Or at least there was when I was more active about 3 years ago. Most of the decline came when Google opened the NGs up to the clueless web idiots.

I filter out anything that is crossposted to the tinfoil hat crowd, so I don't see much of what you seem to hate. Of course, I also miss out on stuff that is crossposted to the eng.joining and CNC groups, but it's a small price to pay.

When I upgraded my OS, I had to reinstall Agent, so I lost all of my filters. Eventually, I'll repopulate them, too, and I will only have to suffer through the political noise.

Reply to
Joe Gandalf

Whatever. I am a hobbyist, not a machine shop pro. I don't own, want, or need CNC gear. I worked in the computer R&D and metrology fields for 40 years; I prefer to relax with old technology. Gimme vacuum tubes, steam engines, machine tools with cast parts, blacksmithing equipment, etc. I prefer hearing from people who know how it was done in the past, so I can learn on my old fashioned equipment.

Finally, if this group is so lame, why do you hang out here?

Reply to
Joe Gandalf

He's trying to elevate his status by being a hang around. The inference is obvious.

Reply to
Billy Wains

Always the charmer, I see.

Since I have been absent from here thanks to a wicked auto accident, I forgot who the dorks (deliberate euphemism here) were.

By any chance, did you previously post here under the name Altavoz?

Cheers, Joe

Reply to
Joe Gandalf

You reminded me to readjust the tension of the flat leather belt that drives my lathe.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in news:lnfq78$eao$1 @dont-email.me:

Still got an old Logan that was converted from flat belt to poly-vee; but it's about the same.

I had (but sold) an old F.E.Reed lathe with built-in taper attachment that was meant to do only that one job. It was ALL leather flat belts. A fine machine for the intended work, but limited for anything else due to its lack of a compound feed.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

God! I forgot all about Altavoz! Sure am glad I haven't seen any of his posts for a long time. Eric

Reply to
etpm

It is called "vernacular", sort of like 'y'all com back, you hear" :-)

I don't pay much attention to politicians. I reckon that people deserve anyone that they elect.

Reply to
John B.

First reply went to John, newer version of Thunderbird, gotta hit Followup to post here...

I'm the one that moved to Australia, late April. Settling in nicely, outside of leaving Calif just as it was getting warm and arriving here shortly before it got cold. Yeah folks, it DOES get cold in Australia!

Got myself a job at an abattior, or slaughterhouse. Fitter/turner. Lucky me, I walked in the day after their fitter gave notice. It's not exactly what I aspired to, but, it's 5 minutes from home vs a minimum 40 to upwards 90 minute commute. One has to be realistic about what is available here for work. Closest business I could find with anything CNC is probably 3 hours away. This is farm country, so outside of the abs, most welding shops do, well, farm work or heavy structural fabricating. But good pay. Get myself a shop built out back, my tools shipped over, find a mill and a lathe, and should have no trouble finding side work with the vintage car/motorcycle/tractor folks.

Cheers,

Jon A.

Reply to
Jon Anderson

It certainly wasn't intended to be. I was under the impression I was being factual and helpful.

Given the multiple nasty-grams back from the OP, however, NOW I'm hostile.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Wasn't Jon the bloke that left and went to Australia? Most Australians I know have far shorter fuses than Americans :-)

Reply to
John B.

He asked a question, you gave a civil reply to which he responded with hostility. Is that clearer?

Sorry if my sentence structures are convoluted or ambiguous, they make sense to me when I write them. The first drafts are -much- worse.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

This is the same impotent little Jonni who - according to Orlando arrest records - was arrested in 2011 for beating up his wife, and who (then) made his minimum-wage living a delivery truck for a plastics distributor

-- and has ZERO physical experience actually running any CNC anything.

He was since "dis-employed" by that distributor for being incompetent to drive a delivery truck.

Why... that was just three years ago, and now he's the world's EXPERT on CNC _EVERYTHING_!!! Way to go, Jonni Butt Boi! Good job, little man!

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

How far have you got in setting up your shop, after the move?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I do a considerable amount of writing in my professional career. It doesn't matter how clear you are, _someone_ will misunderstand. And it doesn't matter how clear you _think_ you are, every once in a while you'll get it entirely wrong.

Reply to
Tim Wescott