Metalworking Work of Art

You can buy this for around 30 grand.

But damn.....look at it. It's a craftsmanship masterpiece. Jeweled bearings......beautiful gears.....fabulous engraving.

Here's the home channel so you can get your fix of watch lust fulfilled. Some real specimens on there. Bookmark it so you can check the latest updates. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

Vintage ornate watches always impress me, knowing a bit about how they had to be made--but the first thing I think of when looking at a modern one is "how much of it was done CNC?"

Somehow the thought of a computer grinding away for a few days to make most of the parts just isn't as impressive as knowing someone spent X months or years doing it all by hand.

I know that some are still made by hand, but I'd guess most are (mostly) not.

Reply to
DougC

I guess, CNC or not, I am still impressed. Those are some very finely machined components. The machines to make this kind of stuff have to be impressive all by themselves. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531