Lathe in Fla

On the off chance anyone down that way is looking , this is a pretty nice unit .

Description , per Scott Logan :

"BTW, there is a minor error in the listing, this is actually a Model

2557-VLH, 12" x 33" lathe, L-00 spindle nose, flame-hardened bed."
Reply to
Snag

I get:

500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in news:BpqdnZPVpNWNATXTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I don't, but it's an edu location, and prone to stupid student crashes.

I saw it. It looks typically abused for the UCF physics/mech.eng. group. After they don't like something anymore, they park it out in the hot Florida rain for a couple of years before trying to sell it.

I've bought stuff from them before.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Michael A. Terrell

It looks worse that the lathes whe had in high school, in the '60s. Old navy surplus with 20 layers of gray paint where it was painted (with a brush) between each school year. They were W.W.II US Navy surplus. and I don't remember seeing a name on them.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It looks cosmetically better than mine. I have a 2527VH (with a 2-1/4 x 8 threaded spindle). I'd be tempted to get it if I was closer.

Reply to
Denis G.

"Denis G." fired this volley in news:d7080b21- snipped-for-privacy@l19g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

Knowing what they _finally_ let go at UCF (I'm an alumnus), I'd say, find another source. It was likely pretty worn out before they put it in the rain for five years.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

You're probably right, but I'm always tempted to squirrel away spare parts for things I use.

Reply to
Denis G.

Oops , I didn't cath the wrap on that url . try this

?itemid=232?acctid=2863#.TqhZm3KOflY

Aw crap , it wrapped again , but at least it's all there now .

Reply to
Snag

Hmm ... if it is a L-00, then ... Never mind -- what at first glance looked like a thin 3-jaw chuck or faceplate (in the end cabinet) appears to actually be a large

5C pot collet. So L-00 is pretty likely after all.

Looks like a nice machine. The only thing I dislike about it is that the threading does not include 27 TPI (which I need from time to time, and which my Clausing has.)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols