Metric sizes

Hi, recently I was given a set of taps and dies of special kind. As there are: M 1,5 x 0,35 M 2 x 0,45 M2,5 x 0,45 M 3 x 0,6 M 4 x 0,75 M5 x 0,9 Does anyone out there in the metric world know where those strange sizes are (were) used for??

Novice

Reply to
Novice

Some of these are listed as "french" in the Metric & Multistandard Catalog. Did they come from a bicycle shop?

Wavejumper

Reply to
Wave Jumper

I believe they came from an army dump. Nothing to do with bicycles I think. From an other source I heard them indeed mentioned as "cycle thread" but I have never seen M 1,5 on an bike.

Novice

"Wave Jumper" schreef in bericht news:C5710509.46D02% snipped-for-privacy@cox.net...

Reply to
Novice

M2 is right for the bicycle spokes I just measured. Some spokes could be M 1.5, it would be somewhat less than surprising.

Reply to
whit3rd

Perhaps firearm threads, they are typically very fine thread, even on American weapons. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Have a look at this site. it may have them

Grumpy