MIG C25 refill

I got a 60 cu ft cylinder refilled today - it was $52!! IIRC, the last time that I refilled it was $30+- ('course that _was_ 2009). Has gas gone way up, does it depend on where you are (I'm outside Boston), or did I just get hosed? This was Airgas.

BTW - I discovered something this emptying: when the tank pressure gauge shows zero, there is still can be a lot of gas left. As long as the "flow" pressure gauge is registering, you're good to go.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I'd get a different gauge and see if they match. You could have enough there to come for a time. The initial pressure needed for the meter to go into a region of reality is far from zero. Below the operation range, anything goes as long as the pressure gauge measures that or less. Most are good in the operating range and fall off in the low ends in accuracy.

Propane tanks were great that way - cold propane puddles. Take off the hose on the old kind with the valve open and nothing happens until it warms up, then it out-gasses and makes a cloud of gas.

Mart> I got a 60 cu ft cylinder refilled today - it was $52!! IIRC, the last

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Surprisingly, Airgas had a better (buy a tank) price than Industrial Source, the only other gas supplier here in GP. I'll definitely check prices when I need to refill, though.

Reply to
Larry Jaques