Mighty Turn Lathe

Greetings All, I am looking at buying a Mighty Turn 14x40 lathe. I have only superficially inspected it as yet, but there are no obvious ridges on the ways, and no obvious scoring. It was definitely dirty, though it was hard to tell if that was because it had been sitting in a warehouse for a long time, or because it had been well used. It comes with a 3-jaw chuck, a steady rest, a quick change toolpost, change gears, the original toolpost and the like. It does have a 4 hp 3ph motor.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this brand (I've never heard of it before), and how much it might be worth depending on condition?

Thanks, Justin

Reply to
Justin

It is a Chinese lathe brought in by a West Coast distributor. I have never had much respect for them because of the name. Don't have any experience with them but have disliked them from the first time I saw the name. Leigh at MarMachine

Reply to
Leigh Knudson

"Mighty Turn" just doesn't sound right. "Happy Happy Joy Fun Lathe?"

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Leigh now has a very nice Clausing Colchester 17" gap bed lathe for sale......

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman Liebmann

Reply to
Gunner

Made by the Chinese Red Dragon Noodle and Machine Tool factory.