Milled a sprocket shape

Using a great program Sprocketeer2, I milled a sprocket outline today:

Also learned about tool compensation.

Ignoramus28671

Now, for old time sake, print out the X & Y coordinates and crank the handwheels on the manual mill :-)

Looks great! Congratulations on such success. Not too long ago you was wanting to find someone to work on the old control and now you have one you did yourself!

Now sell me your Syncrowave 250 and your joy will be complete! :-)

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Here's the model of welder I have at my shop in town.

I thought you might feel sorry for me and help me find something more portable, maybe a Syncrowave 250 for $250 or so... :-)

I haven't ever tried any other TIG welder but my old beast seems to work pretty good and I'm quite happy with its performance. I just wish it was easier to get to my current residence so I could use it without making a special trip and forgetting half of what I need... then I have to decide to go 1/2 mile to the hardware store or 5 miles back to the house. I'm really considering one of those 50lb Miller Diversion welders, it seems to be able to do what I want for now, runs on power I have already available, no running special heavy circuits, and is small enough I could put it away when not in use.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

i am fscking glad that i could not fix the old control.

i would be miserasle with it.

no way i love it

Ignoramus28671

It is good, just ugly and heavy