Mini Digger or Digger Model

Anyone got AutoCad drawings? Or solidworks Model of a Digger, or excavator, as the similar one below? after making a scale model.

This ones a volvo excavation digger, after a model of anything like. Thanks for the reply anyway

Ant

Reply to
Antsals

Do you want it to work? As a CAT employee, I don't think it would be possible to make a scale working model in your home shop. Well, it maybe possible, but this would be a really big project something on the order of gingery lathe time 30. As for non-working scale models, I know that you can get CAT ones (we have them all over the office). You can build one based of of the measurements of one of those. You can find more info here:

Or, you can go here and look at some dimensions off of one of these machines:

Happy machining,

MA

Reply to
Mustafa Al-Shawaf

CAT 797 Mining Truck 1:87 scale, precision brass model $597.00 plus shipping. GASP! But it is pretty

Thor

Reply to
Thor

--Sounds like a kewl extended project for Model Engineer. It'd sure make a change from endless locomotives! :-)

Reply to
steamer

Just a few questions.

What scale are we talking? Are you going to use hydraulics? Are you going to use a track mechanism? If you are going to use a track mechanism, are you going to manufacture it your self or are you going to use a prefabricated track. Some of the castings that go into these machines are really big. How big of a foundry do you have?

MA

Mustafa Al-Shawaf

Hope this is helpful.

Shawn Butler snipped-for-privacy@mnsi.net (Remove mxz from address to reply.)

Reply to
S. Butler

I'm going to make about a 1:5 scale or in that area, yes use hydraulics and things not looked fully into the manufacture yet but just a few ideas if you got any input i'll always up for some good ideas!!

Thanks Anthony

Antsals