motor controller board mod?

I've managed to blow up a small DC motor and controller board. Yeah! I know. But brain wasn't in gear...!! :-(

The motor was shunt wound, fractional HP.

I have a shunt wound replacement board, but not the right kind of motor.

The usual combination of the wrong gearing or something. I do have a series wound motor that might work.

Question is can I hack the shunt wound board so as to drive a series wound motor?

I case it helps, the board is a Penta Power KBIC board. I've considered contacting the manufacturer but I don't think that anyone at the company would want to encourage me to hack up their boards.

Tanks for any help.

DOC

Buy my junk...

doc