Mounting coolant on the quill?

Look at this guy:

He made a smart plate and mounted his coolant line right on the quill, so that coolant follows the cutting tool as it goes up and down.

I am thinking about doing the same thing, are there any shortcomings of this approach?

More pix of his cool milling machine

Ignoramus22661

Possible clearance issues when milling inside a deep pocket. Of course the same clearance issues exist for the quill itself and toolholders.

Reply to
Pete C.

Does not seem line a big deal.

Ignoramus22661

I would say, not a big deal, can be removed for such unusual things.

Ignoramus22661

Yes, but the usual loc-line nozzle assemblies mounted conventionally will work just as well. The quill travel is only 5" or so, not enough to make much difference if the nozzles are aimed properly.

Reply to
Pete C.

trust me, it does make a lot of diff.

Reply to