Moving a Disabled Car

The update on that is that it's too borked to get even a compact spare on.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Update:

The car is now sitting in front of the door it needs to be pulled into, waiting for the daylight, will, and strength to push it the rest of the way into the shop by hand, or some inspiration on how to push a Honda with a tractor without breaking it more. I think I can, with a 4x4 and some straps, go from the drawbar to the rear tiedown point (like a reverse tow bar). That should get it the last 60 feet or so.

As soon as that jack gets onto concrete, though, it's going to be smooth sailing.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

"Stuart Wheaton" wrote

I think Stuart wins best obvious simple why-didn't-I-think-of-that solution award.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Toss a 2X12 down and run your floor jack on it. Will hold the weight just fine.

Or borrow a fork truck.

Reply to
Steve W.

A nice helium weather balloon hooked to the fender. :)

John

Reply to
John

I had a problem with some stranger who habitually parked in my spot in an underground carpark, ignoring polite notes left under his/her windscreen wiper not to do it. I had to do something about it, but didn't want to mark the car if possible. The answer was 2 trolley jacks - one under the rear differential, one under the engine cross-member. With a friend, it was remarkably easy to move it out of my bay. In fact, it was so easy, we moved it to the far end of the carpark and placed it out of sight around a corner. I made particular efforts so it was difficult to access, without the trolley jacks. So there it was, unscratched and wedged between some columns. I never had the car in my spot again. Hope I messed with his mind a bit, too.

Reply to
Jordan

a real simple solution - get a pair of the harbor frieght wheel dollies that are supposed to let you push a car around inside the garage - put one under the damaged wheel and just drive it into the garage

Reply to
Bill Noble

TW:

I once moved a very large storage shed by jacking it up and putting pipes underneath it; rolled nicely on to the new foundation. If you have enough strong cylinders, levitate, put a piece of ply or plate under the wheel and cylinders under that. As you run past a trailing cylinder, put it in front and continue pushing. Because of your soil substrate, it sounds like you'll need a piece of ply or plate on that too.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

That actually was a pretty wild one...very fast accumulation...

We left here to Longview--shopped at the WinCo store there for about an hour...roads were perfectly clear, but by the the time we got back onto I-5 south it was insane, 6 inches here we got stuck on Todd rd I had to walk a mile appx to get my 4x4 silverado and finally towed the POS Honda home

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Rent/borrow one of those two wheeled car towing rigs. Jack the front of the car up and set it onto the towing rig. Then one person can lift the hitch end up and pull while others get behind the car and push. They make a trailer hitch ball with a handle and a couple of wheels that helps with hand guiding trailers around.

If it was a rear wheel drive, you could move it under its own power this way... CAREFULLY! But that's probably not an option with your Honda.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.