My dumb question of the month

I need an hour meter and a low RPM tach for my SA 200 welder. The operating range for the tach would be 2500 rpm max. I have gotten two rpms so far,

1550 and 2300. The hour meter just has to be reliable, and probably won't see five hundred hours a month.

I am assuming these would be simple wiring with some crimp terminals.

Are these Napa parts? Are Auto Zone, Checker acceptable substitutes. Personally, I don't like buying a lot from AZ or Checker except fluids. Is there a supplier that has these for reasonable prices, perhaps a digital that would have all in one? Any decent brands without spending a Franklin?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Pete

Reply to
Pete Snell

A few good options here:

Unwrap the link as needed of just search for tachometer from the home page. Stick on LCD tach and hour meter, even a mag pickup version for diesel or electric stuff.

Reply to
Pete C.

"SteveB" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com...

+1 on the Tinytach. Easy installation--one ground wire and a sensor wire wrapped around a plug wire. Be sure you understand how your engine fires so you can get the correct model.

Just curious---if you take weekends off 500 hours a month works out to around 25 hours a day. How do you do that? I've been trying for years and haven't figured it out yet.

Bill

Reply to
BillM

They're in dog hours :-) ED

Reply to
ED

Gunner

Google Hobbs Meter. Not expensive new and prolly lots of cheap ones on ebay.

and a low RPM tach for my SA 200 welder. The operating

Reply to
Jim Stewart

there are a number of elapsed time meters based on different technology - pretty much any surplus store that handles anything electronic will have a big pile of them, typically $5 to $10

** Posted from
**
Reply to
William Noble

Thanks. I'm going to the big city tomorrow to get some fenders, lights, a hub pressed with some new lugs, and a couple of new tires for the old welder. I'll stop at a couple of places and check. This is a minimal application, and anything in the $20 range would be fine if it has tach and hour meter.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB