My Myford Super 7 on Ebay

I think protocol allows me one self serving yell on this NG (apologies if this is not correct). I am selling my Myford Super 7. It's in pretty good shape and has a fair amount of tooling. You can see it here on Ebay. It's located in Northern CA (Bay area) and I'd love it if I didn't have to crate it up.

Item number 7509215049 if the link fails

Reply to
lens

One of the best ebay descriptions I've ever seen.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

RoyJ

Nice job indeed. I try to have good descriptions with good pictures, as well. It looks like very few people on ebay are able to post high resolution pictures.

Ignoramus20427

I have ahalf a mind to buy that thing and make some damn chips with it. Use some sulfer cutting oil and then go home. Leave it like that for a week.

I hate people with clean machines, like a clean desk it is a sign of a sick mind

Oh, nice machine

Reply to
yourname

I curious why you are selling it. I have owned three myfords and still like (and use) my super 7 even though I have a very nice 11 inch rockwell. I could be strange though, because i still use my sherline now and then too.

chuck

Reply to
Chuck Sherwood

Maybe he's got more than one Myford Super 7 .

Reply to
Mike Henry

Thanks for the nice words about the description. I never understood how ebay sellers expect people to plunk down several K $ based on two fuzzy pictures and a one-line description. Then to top it off, they have 4 paragraphs of nasty "boiler plate" with all the things that the buyer better not do. They don't seem to realize that they have competition from people with manners.

I'm selling the lathe because I really didn't use it much. I may regret it down the road, but my space is limited and I want to play with CNC, so it's on to new toys. I've seen garages where you can't take a step and I *really* don't want to go there.

Does anyone have a line on the cheapest shipping options? I am a novice at this.

Reply to
lens

cheapest shipping options scares the crap outta me. If it is going far, I would put it in a crate, bolted down strapped down, sealed in foam or something. Lathes are top heavy and forklift unfriendly. Strapping it to a pallet with a roadway sticker on it is a good way to make someone[possibly you] very unhappy.

Well packed in one crate common carrier should be a good option, assume they are going to lie it on its face at some point in its travel, and pack accordingly. If you can move it to somewhere with a dock, you might save on freight costs, if that costs more than the short move. Also big companies get big discounts[70 percent] on shipping, so if you have a friend....

Reply to
yourname